I've been blessed with the ability to make shoes smell.....
but a few dryer sheets tucked neatly inside my running shoes between runs has successfully masked this problem...
just passing this along...
Word of caution, only use with specific gender's clothes
Other uses for dryer sheets:
1) Repel mosquitoes - Tie a sheet of Bounce through a belt loop
when outdoors during mosquito season.
2) Eliminate static electricity from your television screen - Since
Bounce is designed to help eliminate static cling, wipe your
television screen with used sheet of Bounce to keep dust from
3) Dissolve soap s**m from shower doors - Clean with a used sheet
4) Freshen the air in your home - Place an individual sheet of
Bounce in a drawer or hang one in the closet.
5) Prevent thread from tangling - Run a threaded needle through
a sheet of Bounce to eliminate the static cling on the thread
6) Eliminate static cling from pantyhose - Rub a damp, used
sheet off Bounce over the hose.
7) Prevent musty suitcases - Place an individual sheet of
Bounce inside empty luggage before storing.
8) Freshen the air in your car - Place a sheet of Bounce under
the front seat.
9) Keep the shock away - Place a sheet in your coat pocket to
avoid the shock you get getting in and out of the car in the
10) Clean baked-on food from a cooking pan - Put a sheet in the
pan, fill with water, let sit overnight, and sponge clean. The
anti static agents apparently weaken the bond between the food and
the pan, while the fabric softening agents soften the baked-on
11) Eliminate odors in wastebaskets - Place a sheet of Bounce at
the bottom of the wastebasket.
12) Collect cat hair - Rubbing the area with a sheet of Bounce
will magnetically attract all the loose hairs.
13) Eliminate static electricity from venetian blinds - Wipe the
blinds with a sheet of Bounce to prevent dust from resettling.
14) Wipe up sawdust from drilling or sand papering - A used sheet
of Bounce will collect sawdust like a tack cloth.
15) Eliminate odors in dirty laundry - Place an individual sheet
of Bounce the bottom of a laundry bag or hamper.
16) Deodorize shoes or sneakers. Place a sheet of Bounce in your
shoes or sneakers overnight so they smell great in the morning.
17) Another thing you can do with them is to hang the sheets
outside your doors to keep the flies from congregating and getting
in your house every time the kids open the door. You don't have to
use the expensive sheets either, the no-name brand dryer sheets work
well. Place them in a work shed that has no air-conditioning and is
wide open and you will never have a fly.