Hiya,

Yeah, folks, I do fully realise that I just slagged off the foundation I used to wear about 10 years ago, Estee Lauder Double Wear, on another thread like just a few days back. All that caused me to look it up on the web again and guess what I found? That same foundation has since appeared in a "Light" version, so Estee Lauder Double Wear Light, in a plastic package.

So yeah, the normal ELDW made me look cakey and nasty, frankly. Pics of that period of my life make me look positively horrid. BUT it was a basically good foundation... just too good, you know? I'm now wondering if the ELDW Light could actually be great for me.

What's your thoughts on this if you've used it? Does it do a good job without making you look like you are wearing a porcelain mask? If so, I might try it...

I got Estee Lauder Double Wear Light last week and have been using it every day since. I like it so far. It gives enough coverage for my needs and feels nice on my skin. You are right, it does not cause the skin to look unnaturally made up and offers a more casual look. My skin has not had break outs since I started using ELDW light either, which is a positive thing because that happens to me sometimes. I can't speak to what Estee Lauder Double Wear Light will do for anyone else's skin but I am happy with it.

Didn't work for me. Thankfully I didn't buy it. The lady at Estee Lauder put it on my face at my request because I am not going to buy a foundation without test driving it. Initially, it looked pretty good but as the day went on the matte finish wore off and my face was way shiny. Seen in natural light, I have to add that despite the "light" label, it was still way too cakey. I can only recommend that anyone interested in this or any other foundation does what I did and tries before buying. That way you won't regret buying something you will just shove in the back of your cupboard after a few tries.

I assume that Estee Lauder's Double Wear Light foundation was a direct reaction to the fact that a great many consumers liked the basic quality of the original Double Wear series, but found it too cakey and mask-like — words that are actually used pretty consistently when you read reviews for it, despite the fact that those aren't really very legit-sounding words. We all know what they mean if we've used Double Wear or a similar foundation!

There are those who really like Double Wear Light. There are also those who report that it is too similar to the original foundation for them to want to use it. I personally wonder whether it clogs the pores.

I have and love this foundation! I have never tried the original version, but Double Wear Light meets all my needs. I do question why it is called "light", as it is full on coverage really. I have to say that different foundations are better for different occasions. I usually just go with a BB cream, which is truly light, in the day. When I go out for dinner or something similar, that's when I pull the Estee Lauder Double Wear Light out, and it makes me feel and look amazing. You only need a little bit to take you a long way though, and looks best when applied carefully with a makeup sponge.

Absolutely love it! Like others I have also tried the original Double Wear and was not too impressed, because of reasons already mentioned. Estee Lauder did a good job "correcting" the "flaws" of Double Wear with the Light incarnation of the foundation, in my opinion, but Double Wear is also still available for those who want super over the top coverage from their foundation. For me though, I know that I will be sticking with the light one, for a slightly less choking foundation that actually does offer a pretty natural looking end result IMO.

I know tons of people HATE Estee Lauder Double Wear with a big capital H.

I am not one of those people. I love Double Wear and it does exactly what its name suggests it does. For someone like me with highly uneven skin tone due to pregnancy mask in the past and also some scars from acne, it is a life saver for me.

I have seen that there is a light version and I have not been thinking of buying it because I am OK with what I have. But if it is anything like the original Double Wear, it is a good foundation. If you need just a little less cover, maybe this is the one for you.