I am interested in cross training. I am 32 years old and I practice both fitness and yoga for quite some time now, over 4 years, I think. I need a change, something to occupy my muscles and mind in a different way. So, I am thinking about running training, nothing seriously, perhaps few kilometers a day. Still, I would like to know some details about running training, so that I don't go into this unprepared. Thanks.

Actually, there is only one advice I could give you. Since running and fitness differs in the way they use our muscles and joints, perhaps a visit to a cardio doctor would be in place. Just to be certain your heart can withstand all of the stress that awaits it. For the actual training, perhaps you should concern someone who's already training it. To learn some basics like breathing properly, tempo of increasing distance, running speed, saving energy, info like that could be very useful.