I am 25 years old and I am starting marathon training next week. I know, I know, it might be a little late for some extra results, but I'm just looking for some physical activity to occupy my free time and I like running. Anyway, I heard about marathon cross training and its benefits, but I don't know much of it, so I seek some help. How to perform marathon cross training?

There are two main things you need to know about marathon training. Distance you have to cover is very, very long and needs to be approached respectfully. The other thing is actually a question you have to pose yourself - do you have strength, time and motivation to enter the world of long distance running? If you do, then you can think about details as cross training. That kind of training allows runner to relax from standard exercises, and to activate its mind and body in a different way. This helps in injury prevention and shows positive effects in your every day marathon trainings.