I am planning to start running. I am not ion bad shape, but I am not sure what is a good start for me…I mean how far, how fast, and how often I can run? Also, how much running is enough- 3, 5 7 km?

The training variables that you can adjust are the distance, frequency, and intensity of your runs the amount of time required to return to full training generally ranges from 2- 4 months. The key is to continue with alternative activities such as water running and cycling while re-introducing running and It will take several weeks before you are running far enough or hard enough to actually improve your cardiovascular fitness. For the first several weeks, it is best to increase the distance and frequency of your runs, but to keep the intensity moderate, but After a month or two of this base work, you can gradually add higher intensity workouts such as tempo runs and long intervals to your program.