Hi, folks. My mother has been diagnosed with elbow osteoarthritis. She has turned 50 years old. One of her signs is decreased joint movements. I would like to know if this is common for this disease. I would appreciate if you could tell me something more about this. Thanks in advance.

Hello to you too. Since your mother already has decreased joint movements, I would say that she is in advanced stage. You haven’t mentioned whether she has other symptoms. Pain is also something that is common. It usually appears during or after certain activity. However, it can also appear after certain period of inactivity. If you apply a certain pressure, tenderness can be felt. If she hasn’t started with the treatment, she should do it. I hope everything will be all right. Good luck to her!

Hello. Maybe your mother is experiencing stiffness. This is not something unusual. It appears mostly in the morning, after a night sleep. When one uses joint, there can be some grating sensation. Osteoarthritis is not so dangerous like rheumatoid arthritis is. However, it can be pretty painful and boring for the patient. I hope your mother will feel better with the therapy. Was this helpful to you? Bye!