Hello

I hope someone can offer me some help on this, but I’ve been trying to find out if sarcoidosis can lead to cancer. I haven’t been able to get an definitive answer from my doctor even though I was diagnosed with sarcoidosis only after they did the biopsy for lymphoma. He tries to assure me that sarcoidosis doesn’t increase my chances for getting cancer, but I just can’t completely ignore this because of my family history of cancer.

My mom had ovarian cancer that was diagnosed only after it spread, and the operation and chemotherapy just seemed to be completely useless at that point. My ob gyn is aware of this and I’m having regular checkups because I’m alredy at a higher risk for breast and ovarian cancer, but will the sarcoidosis and immunosuppressive treatment I’m on now will increase my chances for getting cancer even more?

Thanks for your help,

Apprentice

Dear Mel, 

Sarcoidosis is a chronic granulomatous disease, it is a disease of the immune system and not cancer. The reason for your doctor to perform the biopsy is due to the fact that sarcoidosis is considered a diagnosis of exclusion, meaning the diagnosis is established only after other conditions have been ruled out. Hence the reason for performing a biopsy. Sarcoidosis per se does not increase the risk of cancer, however, as every other person, everyone has lower or higher risk of developing cancer during lifetime. You have a positive family history and should focus on that. Best, Tom

All you have to do is search under Sarcoidosis increase risk for cancer. We who have sarcoidosis have an increased risk for lung cancer, Acute Myeloid Leukemia, Stomach Cancer and Skin cancer and others. Part of it depends on where you have had sarcoid.

Do your homework on organics NOT prednisone!!! Try juicing (green machine), omega 3 with krill, magnesium, and the all powerful Oil of Oregano!!!!