My sister has been diagnosed with Paratyphoid fever. We were told that it is good that we came now, because it is only in a first stage. She had high fever. Her doctor prescribed amoxicillin. She is better but not cured yet. I inquired a bit about what causes this fever. I found out that it is bacteria called Salmonella paratyphi discovered by H. Shuttmuller at the begging of the last century. Is this only cause or there are other?

Paratyphoid fever can be caused by any of three strains of Salmonella paratyphi, that you found that had been discovered by H. Shuttmuller. There are S. schottmuelleri also called S. paratyphi C and S. hirschfeldii called S. paratyphi B. It is good that you found out on time what is wrong. I have a friend who had catch this infection when he was in India and he had intestinal hemorrhage. He needed a surgery. That was a long ago. He is ok now.