Hello, folks. My kid has been recently diagnosed salmonellosis. He had terrible diarrheas and he lost his weight. He is feeling all right now. I would like to know something more about what causes salmonellosis. I was hoping that someone here could help me with this. I will appreciate all your help.

Hi, there. Salmonellosis is caused by a bacterium called Salmonella. It lives in intestinal tracts of various animals, including birds. The infection starts when a person consumes a contaminated food. There are some people that don't develop any symptoms. The most common symptoms are: nausea, vomiting, weight loss, diarrhea, etc. On the other hand, there are some complications that can be life threatening. Dehydration is one of them. The patient is thirsty, pale and with low blood pressure. Fortunately, your son is all right now. Just be clean and wash your hands after the toilet and everything will be all right. Bye!