Hi i was diagnosed with Scheuermann's Disease two day's ago i was woundering if somebody could give me some detail about what i might be looking forward to or some detail about it Thanks.

Hi, you didn’t say anything about your age or symptoms as the treatments of this DISORDER depend on the size of the curve, the flexibility of the curve, and your age.
But this disorder usually occurs while the adolescent is growing (it is most commonly adolescents’ disorder, I don’t know how old you are) and lasts for six months to three years. When the child stops growing, the spine reverts to its normal shape.

Treatment of Scheuermann’s disease is indicated to relieve pain, to correct a cosmetic deformity, and to prevent potential progression or worsening of the curve.

For patients with more than one year of growth left, the deformity can be partially reversed by wearing a brace. Depending on the severity and progression of the curve, patients may be prescribed a brace for one to two years. If you are young, have a mild curve, no back pain, and normal pulmonary function, then you will be only observed or maybe encouraged to have a physical therapy. This type of therapy is considered an important part of ensuring the curve stays as flexible as possible, and that the muscles of the back are as strong as possible in an effort to prevent further progression.
For those whose spines have already been formed and matured, braces are not an effective treatment. Exercising is often recommended but it won’t correct the deformity, it can be helpful in alleviating back pain and fatigue.
What did your doctor tell you about the treatment? How severe is your deformity?
Surgeries are rarely needed but if ordered, then it is for those people with severe deformities.

If patient’s skelet has matured then Scheuermann’s disease is not preogressive but in adolescents, it can progress going into adulthood.

The symptoms of Scheuermann's disease are mostly connected to back pain. You could also feel stiffnes in the spine, but in severe cases also difficulty breathing. These are all by the book symptoms. The feeling of fatigue may be present.

What kind of symptoms are you experiencing? What did a doctor tell you by the way?

Hi I am 27 years old, and was diagnosed 10 months ago. I am on facebook and noticed there was nothing there, so I created a page for people dealing with this condition. Come and Like my page

http://www.facebook.com/#!/ScheuermansDiseaseHelp

You should consult with chiropractor for back pain after Scheuermann treatment.