My brother was recently diagnosed with Scheueman's. I would like to help him but I do not know much about his condition. Can someone tell me what is it all about and the best treatment for it?

Scheuermann's disease or Scheuermann's kyphosis is a condition in which the normal round back in the upper spine is increased and most people with Scheuermann's disease will have an increased roundback but no pain. This condition occurs when the front of the upper spine does not grow as fast as the back of the spine. Because of this the vertebrae become wedge-shaped, with the narrow part of the wedge in front. This leads to increase in the amount of normal kyphosis. The wedging of vertebrae in Scheuermann’s kyphosis is most common in the thoracic spine, the upper back and Scheuermann’s kyphosis may also occur in the junction between the thoracic and lumbar spine or in the lumbar spine. The cause of Scheuermann's disease is unknown. However, it is thought to be due to a growth abnormality of the vertebral body and it is more common in males. Also, it appears in adolescents usually towards the end of their growth.