I was diagnosed with Scheuermann's disease in October 2006. I live in Anchorage and I am military so I don't think the doctors know much about it. They sent me to Texas to figure out what I had. I am 18 years old and a female which both are not very common for this disease. I started having back pain when I landed on my head during a cheerleading accident. The pain is in my upper middle back and varies every day. Sometimes it will be sharp pain and sometimes it dull, burning pain. I can't find certain things that cause the pain except for the cold and when there is high pressure outside. I don't have the pain every day but I do have it most days and my doctor prescribed me Naproxin. The curvature of my spine is not too bad but they gave me a brace to wear anyways. I am done growing so is the brace going to work at all? My doctor also said there is something wrong with my discs and thats where the pain is coming from but I'm not sure what he called it. I just want to know if the pain is ever going to go away? Am I going to have to get surgery? And anything else anyone can tell me about this disease and what might be wrong with me!

Is a form of juvenile Osteochondrosis..(disk disorder) of the spine. Patients who suffer from this can not consciously correct their posture.
The 7th and 10th vertabra are most commonly affected. It causes back ache and spinal curvature. In severe cases it could cause internal problems and spinal cord damage. The curvature of the spine decreases height, putting pressure on the internal organs, wearing them out quicker than the natural aging process would. A possibility of organ failure increases over a long period of time.

Is there anyway that I can get rid of the pain or fix the problem?

Treatment of the disease is to relieve pain, correct a deformity and to prevent potential progression.
Treatement will vary depending on the size of the curve, the flexibility of the curve, your age and preference.
For patients with more than 1 year of growth left, the problem can be partially reversed by wearing a brace e.g. MILWAUKEE brace. The brace can improve the curve during growth years by restoring height to the front of the vertebral body to reduce pain if present.
I'm not sure about your age, 18. You may have a few years to go as far as growth. Tho some say once one hits 18, they stop growing.

For patients who are already skeletally mature, bracing is not an effective treatment. An excercise program including specific strenghtening and hamstring stretching may be recommended.
While excercising won't correct the problem, it can be very helpful in alleviating back pain and fatigue.

Surgery is rarely needed. It may be considered for patients with a severe deformity of more than 70 degrees. The goal of the surgery is to reduce the deformity, tho some feel it can lesson the pain if present. The normal curvature of the spine is between 20 and 50 degrees.