Hello all! This year has been very though on me and I couldn’t swim as much as I wanted. That’s why I’m not as fit as I used be and since I’m starting with my training again, I’ll have to get back in shape again. Can you tell me some good stretches for swimmers so that I can warm up before starting with my training?

You can start warming up both out of the pool and in the pool. The fact that you have neglected your training means that you have to very careful when warming up, because when muscles are not elastic and fit anymore, the danger of injury increases. You can always do regular stretches and some other exercises in order to warm up. Just don’t exaggerate until you get back in form. The same goes for swimming. Don’t let your training lasts for too long in the beginning, no matter whether you feel tired or not. Don’t forget that hydration is very important and try to do everything gradually. After a month or two, you’ll be fit again.

I'm not sure what are some specific swimming stretches you could do, but we used to do these running stretches everyday after warming up to avoid any injuries during our runs. Maybe some of the stretches will be applicable for swimming..