I'm very worried about my little son. He is only seven years old but he has already developed some spine condition.
I haven’t noticed this at all. On some regular physical examination in school, doctor that was examining the whole class has diagnosed him with some spine condition called scoliosis.
I was very frightened when I heard about this but doctor told us that it is very common among boys his age and that we should react as soon as possible because his spine still grows. After it- it could be difficult to treat. Only treatment supposedly is exercises. Does anyone know what the best treatment for this spine disorder are?

Hi. Your doctor told you good. While his spine is developing it will be much easier to treat this disorder with exercises. Like many other diseases and disorders, early detection increases the chances of recovery. Scoliosis is one disorder where spine is curved at least ten degrees or greater.
Exercises aren’t the only type of treatment. Surgery, back braces, electrical stimulation could be practiced also.
You see, purpose of exercises is straightening the torso muscles that cause the spine to curve. You shouldn’t start with these exercises by your self. He should visit some physician which will show him few exercises and then- you should practice it in your home.

Swimming is usually recommended to improve the conditions of patients with scoliosis.

I bought a new self help scoliosis book called: Health In Your Hands - Your Plan for Natural Scoliosis Prevention and Treatment. I saw it on TV broadcast through out south east asia and there is a radio discussing it which can be found at: Its really been an eye openner in reviwing surgial and non-surgical treatments.