I would like to hear whether yoga is good fore scoliosis. I was diagnosed with scoliosis when I was a teenager and it affected pretty much my activities whole my life and it is been almost a year I had fusion surgery and now my curve is somewhat more normal, that "S" shape is not obvious that much and I also had the prolonged physical therapy that helped me deal with the pain after surgery and also has fasten my recovery. But I would also like to improve my spinal condition even further so I was thinking of yoga –do you think that yoga is effective for scoliosis? Thanks!

Sure yoga is perfect for scoliosis basically if you ask me yoga is perfect for everything especially from he mental or psychological point of view. I suppose that you are probably occasionally depressed and feel without will or energy just due to the fact that you are diagnosed with scoliosis and it is usually accompanied with pain which may easily cause you mild depression-and that is why yoga is perfect at first place, you will feel more relaxed and more happier if you want but also I could practically bet yoga could improve your scoliosis condition for it also stretches all your muscles including those spinal around muscles making your back stronger strengthening their muscles. But with that spinal diagnose and especially regarding the fact you had that back surgery I advice you don’t do those yoga exercises by yourself for I think in cases like that you would need to be followed by some yoga instructor that would be familiar with your scoliosis condition therefore he would probably knows to show you what are the best yoga exercises for scoliosis.