As a physician doing a substantial amount of addiction treatment in my recent review of discussion forums for patients I have noticed a reemergence of sites offering the "silver bullet" cure in a few days ultra rapid detoxification. Being a bit on the cynical side when anything sounds too good to be true I am extremely curious on this procedure, its success/failure rate, ease of treatment, cost variations but most importantly whether it is any better than abrupt withdrawal in some third world country jail cell. Is ketamine still used as the anesthetic during narcan infusion and naltrexone implantation? If not what agent is? On return to consciousness level of care and monitoring. How many flee? How many can find a way to have the implant removed prior to crumbling on day 4-5? First several months course? Past experiences with opiate withdrawal? Level of dependency when treated. Please read my post in another thread but this clinician would not do this to his worst enemy, (zillionaire health insurance magnates lemme think). The questions are increasingly being asked by patients, more advertising is apparent online, and I tend not to ask a shoe salesman if I need new shoes. Thus objective reports by those who have actually gone thru this modality are of enormous value at this time. After all 10-20k gross is not bad for 15 minutes work in a low overhead setting, the patient pays for any care in the hotel room that they pay for following the procedure. If I had been thru this whether a positive or negative experience I would feel it almost a duty to report results to assist those struggling in that lonely desperate terrified place, craving freedom from this enslaving routine, but unable to withstand rapid detoxification. Not everyone has a loose 20k laying around also. And there is a group that will never feel "normal" without endorphin supplementation just as there is a group who will never have a normal blood sugar without insulin. This clinician would never use this treatment, I feel it is reckless and mercenary but that is just my opinion based on anecdotal observations so if anyone out there, who does not work for a clinic peddling it, has been thru it and cares for his fellows please take a few minutes to let all know your experiences. If concerned on anonymity pm me and will get my email or some contact mode to you. At present I dissuade patients but am I wrong???

Kindly forgive my "newbie" clumsiness attempting to use the poll function. Ignore. Just post if you can and thanx for the help.

As someone who has written several reviews of UROD, my summary is that it has a small place in detox for a very few people. Subutex, suboxone detox is much easier and safer. but if you are on high doses of opiates, it is much more difficult to to switch onto subutex.
The advantage of UROD is that you will be detox'd when you wake up. The disadvantage is that you will be detox'd when you wake up. It is a major shock to the system and the objective clinical withdrawal signs can be very severe. You will be clean and sober. Some people haven't been clean in years and it quite a change for some. Best example, I had a patient who had not been to the dentist in years.. When they woke up, they had several major toothaches from untreated cavities!
In sum, You need to find a provider who will aggressively treat the symptoms of withdrawal. Some are more aggressive than others. Some only care about the money rather than the patient.