Has anyone had a successful detox from subutex? My perscriber said none of his patients have ever been able to get
completely off & feel. I have detoxed from 32mg to 6mg. I would like to hear from anyone
who has had a successful detox. I believe I can get off & resume a great life.
Your thoughts & advice are appreciated.

I have a lot of friends who are on suboxone. I was on it at one point and my boyfriend still is. I'm wondering if you are pregnant? I ask because I have only heard of subutex being prescribed if the patient is pregnant. but of course different Dr's do different things I'm also wondering how old you are? I think the younger you are the better your chances for getting off of it. I think your Dr was irresponsible for telling you that no one has ever gotten off of it, I'm sure it didn't give you very high hopes, and just because his patients may not have been able to kick it doesn't mean others haven't!! I have seen a few people get clear of suboxone, and I think you are doing it the right way by tappering your dose. I would encourage you to do that slowly. I know from experience that if you tapper too fast you can easily be pulled back in to the drug using life style. cravings come back quickly and you may have withdrawal symptoms that could have been avoided. If you tapper slowly you should feel very little withdrawals but be sure to do it in your time, when you feel you are physically and emotionally ready!! I'm confident that if you set your mind to it you WILL be able to get off it. I did!!
Congratulations on taking your dose down and good luck on your road to recovery!!
~Bridget~

ur screwed just shoot heroin for 3 days and on the 4th u will be detox free

it's hard to find imformation on this... . . I,m on my ninth day after jumping off 4 mg and only starting to feel better now, still feel rough but happy I drank beers everyday to help me

This doesnt work, I tried it. After shooting dope for 3 days I was sick as ever on day 4. Sicker than I was from the subutex detox, really screwed myself there.

I didn't try this because of this post, I tried it because I thought it would work out logically, cancelling out the w/d's of a long-acting opiate with a short-acting opiate. Maybe I shot too much dope but I was hella sick after 4 days of shooting dope.

Bridget,

What dose did you stop at and did you have sx? I was taking 4mg/day and stopped. Five weeks later I still feel crappy. I am 61 y.o. but I do exercise almost daily hoping that will get my own endorphin sx back on line.