%-)
was addicted to heroin for 5 years, came off it, met a beautiful girl (straight head) had a baby, love each other very much. messed up after my daughter was born, dabbled in heorin and crack a couple of times but because of my past it took hold of me very quickley. i hit absolutely rock bottom AGAIN...after putting my family and girlfriend through hell due to my my self inflicted selfishness. went to see a drug worker at turning point (heard it all before) i knew id messed up but i just wanted to get over and forget about my slip up, they put me a on subutex 10mg and off my own back over the space of avout 18 months ive reduced myself down to 0.4 - 0.8mg and are sick of taking them. im wondering how long ill feel rough for and will it be anything like a rattle off heroin

i was given subutex to detox off methadone so that i may go into surgurey for a morphene drip to my spine. the detox on subutex was horrific, im sure u know. keep taking it , or check with doc. im sure the heroin is worse for you. i think the subutex is a cass 2 narc, it was made so that doctors in most offices could treat addiction in patients without the need for them to go to pain clinics who have special certifications for dispensing meds. the subutex is available to many more doctors , hence , helping with detox........how are you doing

Im having a hard time getting competely off subutex myself....i am taking the tiniest peice off an 8mg but cant cut it all the way loose...people say its in my head but its not.I came out of detox for alot of heroin but after 8 days was still sick so started the subutex...i feel pretty good but am trying to get completely off....ALSO i made the BIG mistake once of taking it too early..it was the worst experience of my life. i have been a heroin addict most my life and have experience some terrible withdrawls but nothing like this,ended up in the ER. so make sure you wait at least 12 hours since you used before you stick it under your tongue!!!

I have been taking opiates for the past 3 years - daily for the last year. Mostly lortab, but in the last 3 months I have been taking roxicet here and there with the lortab and then in the last month thru some methadone into the mix. I have occasional drug screens - 1 about every 3 months- and when I found I could no longer stop the lortab for an upcoming drug screen I started taking tramadol. Just this past January - 3 months ago - I was able to stop the lortab and roxicet and take the tramadol with no problem. I went for about 10 days without any problem taking only the tramadol. Then after I did my drug screen I went back to lortab and roxicet - not because of withdrawal symptoms - just because I felt the need to continue to play the mad chemist with my self. Well about 3 weeks ago I finally took a look at myself and realized what a miracle it is that I have not killed myself accidently with an overdose. So I decided I wanted to stop - I mean I really want to stop. I got my tramadol and took my last opiate last thursday nite. I did okay until sunday. Then Sunday and Monday were pretty uncomfortable. But nothing could have ever prepared me for how I felt Tuesday morning. I 'm well educated and my profession is in the medical field, so I understand alot of how the body works and the physiological changes that were occurring. I knew a lot of what I was feeling was due to the release of mass amounts of adrenalin that had been surpressed from the opiates. But I swear, I thought I was going to die from a heart attack or a stroke because my heartrate was so high. I was so scared by the physical symptoms, I called my friend and had him bring me some lortab. I do not see anyway possible how I can just quit. So since Tuesday I have been taking lortab, trying to limit the amount I take and have just been miserable. I did some research and I have an appt. tmorrow afternoon to start on the subutex. I felt so relieved when I learned of this option, but today as I am reading more and more on use of subutex, I am feeling like I will never be able to do this. One thing I read was someone who said they did subutex and still experienced horribile withdrawals. I am not expecting this to be easy, I just thought with the subutex I would be able to get thru the horrible withdrawal symptoms. I am mentally ready to do this - I have no thoughts of "oh gosh, I am going to miss the feeling i get with lortab" because it stopped feeling good about 3 months ago. I am ready to do this! Am i fooling myself that the subutex will get me thru the excrutiating pain I had felt the other day? Am I then going to be addicted to subutex? At this point I feel the subutex is the lesser of the 2 evils as at least I will be under the care of a physician not to mention that the subutex is covered by my insurance. I have been self pay on the opiates - several hundred dollars a month, what a waste. I have never posted anything online before. I see I have written a book, but I think it helped me at least, writing it all down and if anything I wrote helps just one person out there like me, even better. If anyone has any words of wisdom regarding detox and subutex, I would greatly appreciate anything anyone has to share. I will be taking my last opiate this evening at 9 as I know I need to have not taken anything for at least 12 hours before starting the subutex (this will give me about 18 hours). For those of you who took the time to read this long thing - I thank you

Hi, thought I'd share my experiences, maybe help someone. Smoked heroin daily for a couple of years, got onto 40ml methadone daily, reduced to 30ml, used heroin occasionaly still then started to inject. Didn't want to tell doctor was injecting even though the 30ml methadone was barely holding me on it's own now-was using between 0.2g and 1.5g heroin most days, lots of times injected with crack aswell. Stayed like this for a year, (maybe two?) and at the end of December '09 switched to 6ml subutex. Ended up waiting 5 days before taking subutex as wasn't as ill as i thought i would be and was curious to see how ill i got (have gotten of heroin once before with no help, drugs etc. but habit was small then) . Needed to get some sleep so took 2ml morning ,2ml night, then the next day 3ml morning and 3ml night. slowly tapered down roughly 25% at a time, basically waiting till the dose was holding me, then drop it again . When i drop the dose it usually takes two or three days to adjust, and once I began to feel right on this dose, drop it down again. My tapering slowed considerably towards the end, I suppose for a number of reasons but all told it took me 5 months to get off the subutex. I would recomend asking for the 0.4ml tablets towards the end as you can break these up more precisely which enabled me to get down to 0.1ml a day at the end! Maybe it's not so wise to drag it out like that but I felt the smaller amount, the less the w.d. I am aware that the less time you're on sub, the better so finding a compremise you're comfortable with is key. Whilst it's no walk in the park, I am extremely thankful for the sub, i don't think I could have dealt with another full blown opiate wd. I took vitamin b4,magnesium and copper suppliments, bananas (for the potassium-reduces RLS.) Then some imodium when needed and smoked and smoked the weed- a good bag (several) of high grade (uk cheese, blueberry to name a couple) I found to be most useful although this depends on the strain as to how it helps. Not only was it physically warming and calming, but made me feel happier and helps with sleeping without going as extreme as the things doctors give you. Have now been clean for about a month. Physically i feel awful and mentally I'm finding it very hard to be positive about anything but with time I'm sure(hoping) that I'll be able to feel good things again, not just pain. This post may not help the OP but I'm sure people will still read these posts in future as I had done when coming to my decision to quit. In fact, I can't even remember the OP after having written this, but good luck to you and to all. Overall it seems easier to get clean than to maintain a long term opiate dependance! Rich

Hey, its always good to write. Subutex and suboxone can be very very very helpful. Try the smallest dose you can. it wont get you high, but the opiate 'fear' really goes. You also dont have to go to the toilet every 5 minutes. The only drawback i can think of is that you get tired easily and that it doesnt mix well with alcohol. But it is a real help if u have ever experienced a real withdrawal....

I'm sorry, I don't have good news for you, no such thing as tapering off Subutex, even the smallest amount keeps a strong net around your neuro receptors, it may take a few days before the withdrawal starts, taper down I believe is a myth! I was in pain management for 15 yrs, last 7 was OxyContin and 5-10 10mg Percocet per day. Had enough in 2006. So my pain doc say's no problem, 24 hrs withdrawl then take this new drug Subutex 8mg 4 times a day and you will be a new person with a minor amount of pain control.7 yrs  later I was down to 8mgs at night and 4mg in the morning. All seven yrs I had no idea how powerful this drug is till I wanted to break free from evetithing including a vodka martini every night for yrs. I wanted my old self back of 23yrs ago! I cold turkeyed on a Wednesday nite, thurs nite felt shaky, by Friday morning I was in hell! 7 full days of extreme withdrawal (look to see withdrawal effects on othe sites, to many to list). Lots of prayer!  A total of 14 days withdraw, when I woke up after my first full nights sleep ,night 14! I noticed how bright the sunshine was!yahoo I was free! And still am today! My body is still recovering from the shock of withdrawal months after,  lost a lot  of weight also. I am so glad to be back! I hope by now you have recovered and are the new you want to be! I believe Subutex should be banned. Easier to come of any other narcotic and opioid. Blessings chas

This post Boggled my mind. Your Doctor is guilty of extreme negligence, correct me if i'm wrong, but is 8mg equivalent to about 60mg of methadone, so starting you off on equiv of 240mg meth. I had a major habit for over fifteen years, sometimes an eighth ounce of heroin a day & in my experience 60-100 mg of meth will hold anybody no matter how big your habit. Anyway thats not my main reason for posting. I recently came off Subutex after many many years and I am sick of negative misinformed posts such as this. Should be banned ! try going cold turkey off of 80-mg of meth, which give or take is about an 8mg + 4mg subby no wonder you had a hard time, I'm not dissing you for that quite the opposite. Just do'nt tell people you cant taper off subbys. After a long time stable, working, other wise fit & healthy i eventually tapered down to 0.1 a quarter of a 0.4 temgesic every two days, I still had some minor withdrawals, but then again i'd been taking it since it was brought to the Uk from France in about 2000 and my key worker put me on a trial program to replace the methadone. so I doubt many people have a longer history of use than me (certainly no one in America) if you taper long enough in the right way it can be done nearly painlessly J

thanks for your post,,,,,im on 0.4 subutex and after reading the previous post i felt scared and disheartened about coming completely off sub....but you said that it can be down with little WD symptons ..some hope at last

I know this old but I tapered off successfully about 10 years ago, i got down below 2mg then I just broke 2mg's up as small as I could get them reducing slowly every few days over a month, the only pain I had was in my calf's it felt like I'd been on a very long walk but it was not too bad and lasted only around 3 days, more importantly my thinking was not clouded and my brain was not going at 100 mph thinking how I could get a fix.
I did go back to heroin about a year ago but got back on a programme after 6 months and today I'm sitting here having reduced to 0.2mg with 4 days supply then I'm free from it all again.
fear is the biggest problem it causes you to think every little niggle or sweat is down to WD when most of the time its just your body feeling how it would feel naturally without opiates numbing it.

Thanks mate appreciate the words x