:-( %-) >:( ? :-( >:( %-) Can i take suboxone when i am on 30mg of methadone with out going into rapid detox or should i look into subutext . IDK what to do because i have no insurance and the local out patient wants almost 400$ for a 7 day detox that includes suboxone and valuim. I could get the suboxone or subutext from my family doctor and the valium from another doctor for a fraction of that money. I am really desperate for some vaild info. i would be very greatfull for a resonse. Thank you.

You are supposed to wait at least 2 days off any opiate before you can begin Suboxone though I only waited a day. Suboxone has a narcotic antagonist in it but the antagonist is there to prevent injection of the drug. The antagonist is only active parenterally. It has only a very marginal effect orally because is is not absorbed by ingestion. Subutex is ideal but you can still use Suboxone safely without gross withdrawal. I had none.