My son is in awful state now, and you might imagine how I fell about him. He is trying to get of heroin and he is on methadone right now. I do not know if it will work or nor. I always considered him a strong person that will not allow himself to get involved in such a bad company. But the thing least expected always happen, right? Anyway, his therapist is thinking about switching him from methadone to subutex, I do not know if it will have any further effect.

I guess you really are in a difficult position. Perhaps you ask yourself if it was by some chance, your mistake that he got himself into this mess. But let me tell you something no matter how hard you try to keep him safe, you can never protect him fully. It is a good thing that you are there for him now, when he needs all the support he can get, without reservation or judgment. As for switching therapies, it is a common thing to change meds (even though it is not an easy thing for a patient), in order to find the most efficient one.

Please read first all about subotex -or suboxone- then make a decision to switch- from methadone to subotex- subotex is hard as hell to come off- like methadone too. Subutex is a very strange drug- and bewere- of all negative. BUT someone says it was the right decision for them and are now clean. But you must know that the real work of staying clean is after detox- but for some eaven the detox is too hard. It can be done- some hard addict did it ( and they had a decades of use)- you have to be determinate to succed- and have some meds to help you with the WD- they say immodium, clonodine, thyroid HELPS- and valium for the RLS....

I know it is hard- i have switched from methadone to subutex- and read all horror stories- - had a hard time while switching- first days are the hardes. AND IMPORTANT - DO NOT TAKE MORE THEN 4-( mg, and keep it tapering as quick as you can to 2mg and then to 0,75 and lower till you come to 0. If you can not get the 2mg pills or the 0,4mg pills- try to cut the pills and when you come to less then 0,5mg a day- just crush the crumbs and put them to your mouth- it is small but strong as HELL!!!so keep low doses. This is very important.

I am now 1 and a half on sub- coming from 24 mg to 6 mg- but i know i should be inducted with less then 10 mg a day first. IT IS NO MIRICALE DRUG- and that is by now PROVEN. evidence speak by experiances.

Use 15-20 day detox- with sub - that seems the best if you are ready to stop!

Hope you succeedd.... ;-) Micy