Hello. I'm 24 year old male and just recently I have noticed some strange things are happening to me.
I have noticed that my erections are not like they used to and that I have some gel like substance in my ejaculate.
I don’t know what could be the cause. I'm almost two years with one girl and when we spotted this she also get worried because she was suspecting on some sexually transmitted disease.
I know that this couldn’t be true but I don’t know what to tell her. Please tell me what could cause these symptoms if you know that it couldn’t be some sexually transmitted disease?

Well, it could be very difficult to say more about your condition but I can tell you that not so many conditions affect erection and causing changes in semen. So, I would say that there is no connection between these two symptoms. I would even say that there is nothing wrong with your semen.
Your urethra and urinary tract secretes a lubricating substance from the glands of Littre’s that could cause this gel-like appearance.
Entering some different periods of your life often leaves impact on consistency of your semen and this could be quite normal.
Weak erections in men your age, in most cases, are caused by some emotional stress, anxiety or fear.

i have had this for the last couple of years. I am trying to have children and i am concerned. I have found that it could be prostatitis.

I'm 24, and I have had a gel like substance in my ejaculation as well. I've had it for about 2 years, actually.

I have been tested since I first noticed the substance, and everything came up negative for any diseases, so I'm not concerned about it being a bad thing. I hope this helps!

generally its totally normal to have gel type stuff in ur sperm it just depends on what you eat really

I'm 27 and i have the same thing as well for a year or so. My wife just got pregnant the moment she went off birth control, so this def. does not mean that you are infertal either. Sounds like its just natural.

Just a warning. It is NOT biologically normal to have gel like particles in your semen. I have had it for 15 years and my wife and I have had tried to have children. After seeing an anthologist I was told that this is not normal and it is often related to bacterial infection. After analyzing the semen it was noted a lower sperm count as well as lower sperm quality. Upon further inspection using ultrasound an infection was observed in proximity of the ejaculatory duct. From the images it appeared that it had been there for a long time (chronic – because of calcification). An bacterial infection is the most likely cause of the gel like particles I have seen all these years. I am now on an antibiotic treatment, but since I have had it for a long time I might not get 100% fertile again (chronic inflammation can cause calcification of the tissue and hence permanently reduce the fertility). I suggest you go to an anthologist. I waited many years because I read online that it was normal. Now my fertility may be permanently affected because of this "false" statements. You may not experience any clinical signs except gel like particles in your semen. But as this is not a normal state of your body (sign of infection) you need to get it checked out. By personal experience I would suggest you do it ASAP.

Hi, My name is Jack. I am 15 years old and am turning 16 in about a week. I have noticed this gel like substance in my semen for quite some time and i dont know what to do. i just looked it up and i read that it is normal and that it is not. I have noticed it in masturbation. I wonder if it will just go away or not. Please, if anyone has any advice, please write. Any advice at all would be greatly appreciated because i am really worried. Thank you.

This is a great thing that you guys are doing. I was really worried about this too. I'm 25 and I was really worried that when it came time for having children later on that I would probably be infertile. The gel substance was really freaking me out haha. I'm glad I came across this site so now I can go on living knowing I'm ok.

I'm glad to hear that you're relieved but tell me this--if you had this issue and you were concerned about it for awhile, why didn't you see a doctor about it? I'm not judging, just curious about it. Let me know about it. Thanks!

Hello, I am 26 and my husband and I have been trying to have a baby for a few months now. We have been together for over 3 years and he has always had this jelly like substance. I did a little research and this is what I found.... reposting from a website...

"Semen clots almost immediately after ejaculation, forming a sticky, jelly-like liquid. It will liquefy again in 5 to 40 minutes. It is quite normal for semen to form jelly-like globules and this does not indicate any health or fertility problem. Failure of clotting and subsequent liquefaction can cause fertility problems. "

Personally, I think that this is normal unless you have something really funky going on. My advice if you are that worried about it, it is a good thing to make an appointment with your doctor. Best of luck and thank you for sharing :-)

I am 23 and have experienced these gel-like beads in my ejaculation. During my teens I never experienced this but I have in the recent years. For me it would come and go, but I noticed one consistency. I smoke marijuana on a regular basis, and during my heaviest smoking periods I experience this change in my semen. I recently just got health insurance again and will be asking a specialist about this soon. I noticed no one else had this same experience, but if you are a marijuana smoker and have this condition there could be a connection of some sort. Just trying to put another life experience out there.

yeah, i just turned 15 not too long ago and i found a yellowish clear gel substance in my semen. any help?

ya i smoke weed multiple times a day and have this bad. I wonder if they are connected

I'm 36, and have had these yellow jelly things in my semen since I was a teen. Years ago the doctor said is just protein within the semen, and that it was normal. I don't have fertility problems, for I have 2 healthy kids. Been tested for STDs and everything is OK.

But still, I wonder. I've never liked seeing those jelly things.

Please, somebody with expertise come in and give us an explanation.