I am 16yrs old, and recently (five days ago) had surgery to fix deviated septum/obstruction. I’ve been fighting with my brother, and he punched me REALLY hard, breaking my nose, sending me to hospital. Now, don’t get me wrong when I ask: when will I be able to get back to some serious physical activity? Doctor told me not to engage in such activities for three months, but isn’t that too long? How does this septoplasty recovery go?

Yes, I’m really trying hard not to think of the “physical activity” which involves smashing your brother’s nose in revenge! But, be aware: if doctor told you three months – it’s three months! You should be very, very during your recovery time. Try to make your diet rich with vitamin E and vitamin B, especially during first few weeks of recovery. And one more thing – really important! – even if it sounds funny always keep some gauze or cotton with you to be prepared for excessive bleeding from your nose, since your life could be in danger if you lose blood from a bloody nose!