Been coughing a bunch the last few weeks, allergies, weather changes, with occassional greenish phlegm. At first, cough every few minutes, now it's only every few hours. But, developed a pain which is now semi-constant while breathing, and is extreme when coughing. If I press down on the affected area, the pain is eased. Otherwise, pain is extreme. Might I have bruised a rib, or injured some organ I am unaware of? Topical pain relievers help for a little while, but not if I cough.
Thanks for your help.

Hello there,

It is quite possible that you have been hurt yourself somehow. If you suspect that your pain is consequence of some kind of physical activity which was rough, you will have to see your doctor about this. He will most likely send you to the radiologist who will perform X-ray. You will be instructed to take off all the jewelry and piercings, as well as shirts with zippers. This is done because these items can confuse machine, and image of your chest could be wrong.

After this your doctor will be able to let you know about the diagnosis. I hope this was helpful and that you will be fine. Good luck.

Same it hurts a lot