I am a 25 year old female. I have had a pretty bad cough for over a week now. sometimes when i cough i will bring up bright yellow or dark yellow phlegm, but most times i am coughing and cant bring anything up. its worse in the mornings and nights. I havent been to the doctor yet for the coughing, so i'm not sure what the cause is, yet. well.. this morning, i went into a coughing fit and a sharp pain shot through my right abdomen and the pain goes through my genital area. There is also a slight uncomfortable feeling on my left lower side, but my right HURTS. does anyone have any idea what might be wrong? :$

I'm in basically the same exact situation, except the pain is in the middle of my left side. Anyway, I would suggest going to a doctor if you're coughing up yellow mucus.

OMGOSH~ I'm having the same problem, and it makes me have to pee... :$
it makes me hurt so bad, and i'm afraid to tell anyone....because

oh, a few years ago my friend had these and her ... appendix ended up ....being taken out, and she missed school for three weeks and missed semester exams...

I hav COPD and am currently going through another bout of bronchitis. I have coughed so much and so hard that now a cough cause excruciating pain in my lower left side. Don't know what to do until I get in to Doc's office Monday. (3days!!) Smoking for 35 years was such a glamorous habit!!!!

same thing just happened to me - appendix??  yikes

Me too, the pain you describe is exactly what I've now got. Been coughing for month, have done things backwards as was taken to A&E, had heart checked, & lungs, but said was just a pluck.2 weeks later, dr prescribed antibiotics. Now week later still coughing up olive phlegm & lower abdomen has had enough, OW.Back to Drs - he thought I had a mild chest infection, so best get checked :) 

if her appendix was on the left side she needed a dr

If it's your right side it could be appendicitis and it's nothing to play with or guess about it could rupture and kill you .. I myself am feeling the discomfort every time I cough on the left also I'm 38 and male I'm thinking maybe pulled muscle

Don't always be so quick to go to the dr...All they will tell you to do is get plenty of rest and drink alot of fluids..I don't need to take time out of my schedule to hear that...If you're coughing up stuff, you have a cold...chest cold etc...it happens..you don't see a dr. for a freaken cold.

Here's something that might help...I still have a hernia wrap from when I had my hernia..I was coughing so hard, my stomach was hurting...so I wrapped the hernia stretchy thing around my stomach..it keeps everything in and lessens the pain.

seems like a really good idea

My pain is on the left side as well.. i think these violent coughs pulled a muscle. Very painful.

I am feeling the same thing from coughing so hard. I am worried. I hope it is just a muscle pull.

I'm in the exact same shoes what did you find out at the doctor

I'm having similar issues, but mine came on suddenly after a good week to two weeks of serious heavy lifting and moving of furniture. I'm sure my case will most likely be unrealitive to what you are experiencing. However, I did have a similar case in past, where I was just getting over a nasty flu virus going around town. I thought for a healthy person I'd escape it, however it got me, to my surprise the illness didn't go away in a week or two like most do, Also I started feeling new aches, a bit more severe than those of the typical Flu body aches. I started feeling pain on one side, then it moved to all over, and soon I couldn't laugh, cough, walk, jump, or even breathe without major pain shooting through my body, about three weeks in, and a few clinic visits, I was told the flu would ware off and for a smoker my healing process is slower. Although thats slightly true, That wasn't my case, I decided to go to the ER and have them check it, and it turned out I was suffering from Pneumonia. Hopefully, that isn't your case, cause as it turns out smoker or not, that is a healing process that can take up three months to recover from. Like the rest have stated, I'll 2nd, You really need to stop second guessing medical treatment, and seeking for online assistance. Though, social public interaction can get you in touch with a medical advice practitioner, they still do not have the proper equipment to fully diagnose your symptoms. SO I INSIST, Go seek a licensed, working doctor at an appropriate facility.