I know that the flue season is still going strong, and that I probably have nothing to be worried about. Still, if you have anything to say about this, I'd be happy to hear it. For the last two weeks or so, I have had a headache on coughing. I have a bad cold, and lots of phlegm, so I have been coughing a lot. Is a headache a common symptom of this? Should I be worried, and are there any over the counter meds for this kind of thing?

Hello! I read somewhere that cough headaches are an unusual type of headache triggered by coughing and other types of straining, such as from sneezing, blowing your nose, laughing, crying, singing, bending over or having a bowel movement. Doctors divide cough headaches into two categories. Primary cough headaches are usually harmless, occur in limited episodes and eventually improve on their own. Secondary cough headaches are more serious, as they're caused by structural problems within the brain, which may require surgery to correct. But just as you say season is still going strong and you have nothing to be worried about. Though, if it doesn't stop any soon you should talk to your doctor about it. I hope this will help you and you'll get better soon.