I have been waking to a sensation in my left ear where all of a sudden it hurts to even let my hair brush against the outside of my ear! The pain comes on slowly until it gets so bad that I have cried. The longest that the pain last is about 2 hours. When I can stand to put a hot towel on it it does seem to sooth it eventually. It feels just like my whole ear is in a spasm or the blood is being cut off. There is pain in my neck leading from my ear. There are certain movements I can make with my head that will send me screaming while this iron claw has my ear. What it this?
It will leave as mysteriously as it comes... I can feel it slowly releasing and then it's gone for a few days. Seems to be coming more frequently. help! :-(

Hi Lenda, I suspsect that your problem may be a sinus isssue or it is also possible that you have a ruptured ear drum or an ear infection. I can tell you that whatever it is, you are not getting better, you seem to be getting worse! PLease talk to your doctor about it as soon as possible because you could get some permanent hearing loss or something along those lines. PLease let us know how you're doing now, okay?