Did the vitamin D help at all??

Is it possible you are allergic to the fabric? I discarded my memory foam pillow for a polyester one. It didn't improve, so I changed my cotton pillowcase for a polyester one. I haven't woken up in the night with it since. I believe that I have an underlying mold allergy that accounts for this. Cotton as a natural fabric is susceptible to mold spores. I also find that I have to avoid foods that have black mold (aspergillis niger) in them, any corn derivative such as maltodextrin, dextrose and citric acid (not citrict extract though, as that is from the fruit so is OK)

My ear pain while sleeping on my pillows , comes & goes.
I used to have a firm pillow for my neck, but now I stack a few soft pillows ,& punch in an area where my ear will be. Takes the pressure off my ear.
Another thing that works...using a squishy travel pillow to support my neck & lift my ear off the pillow.
Every night something different works.
For the past month , though, no pain at night sleeping on my pillows.
I am trying to to take a few anti-inflammatory herbal pills to see if they will help out, Turmeric, Frankincense, Ginger herbal caps.