i am a 20 yo female. I have been having pain in my lower right quadrant on and off for over 3 years, but severely for the past year. It started low, in the area of my ovary. CT scan, MRI, and multiple ultrasounds later they discovered a very small dermoid cyst on my right ovary. My GYN and doctor do not think this is what is causing me the pain. Over the past 3 months, the pain has shifted a little higher and more to the right. I get the pain straight through my hipbone, into my lower back, down my right flank. I sometimes still get the pain more towards the pelvis area, but almost always in the side. My doctor seems to really have no idea what is going on, and has put me on nortriptyline to try and control the pain (it is not working). Eating seems to relieve the pain.. but a few hours after eating the pain is back. It sends shockwaves through my body. No problems urinating, slightly consipated but fairly normal BMs. I am supposed to see a GI doctor on 10/25 and was wondering if anyone had any input before the appointment. Thanks so much!!!

I also have the same pain in the lower right quadrant and have had constant pain for 5 months now. I also have frequent urination, swollen stomach, and I feel tired and just not myself anymore. I have normal BM's. I do have diverticulitus and in my last colonoscopy they could not make it all the way to my right side due to twist in my colon. My primary doctor gave me pain meds but doesn't help much. OB says ovaries seem okay but am doing saline sonogram Thursday. I am having endo/colonoscopy Tuesday. In the meantime I am also looking for input. I feel like could be my appendix.

Have. you considered a trigger point therapist? I have lower right quadant pain also, and the only therapy which I have found that seems to relieve pain is a really good trigger-point therapist. A chiropractor is not the same. Incidentally, the length of therapy was approximately two and a half to three hours. This was after a car accident. I had my foot on the break when a vehicle hit me from behind. I have had right side pain off and on ever since. I suggest trying this before more tests and certainly before any kind of surgery. If this turns out to be a digestive problem, try Quantum Digest from Dr. Bob Marshall online and HCL from there or the Dr. Clark Store online.. This has helped tremendously with indigestion and swollen stomach. Hope you find pain relief without going the traditional medical route.