hello! My mother is 67 and she has been complaining about the pain in the lower left quadrant for the last couple of days. She doesn’t go out as much and I couldn’t make her go to the doctor’s with me. I was wondering if you could help me figure out what this could be. Thank you

Look, your mother is older and predisposed to many diseases now. She needs to be looked by a doctor to determine what the pain is all about. If she doesn’t want to go and see a doc, maybe you should find a doc who would come to your house and had a look, talked to her, and then decided what to do next and if more tests are needed. Pain in the lower left quadrant could be associated with diverticulitis. It is an inflammation if the pouches that have formed in the intestines. These pouches are common in older people and some never get infected but when they do, it could be life threatening. You didn’t mention any other symptoms, so I can’t tell you more. Diverticulitis is associated with chills, nausea, cramping, etc.