Hi! I am very worried since I have been experiencing pain in the upper left quadrant of the abdomen. The problem is that I don’t have any other symptoms but the pain itself is rather serious and makes me loose my appetite. I don’t know if it matters but I have been constipated for the last 6 months. Could the pain and constipation be related? Any input is appreciated. Thanks

Hi! It is essential that you see a doctor. There could be many possible reasons for the pain in the left upper quadrant but after the doctor’s examination and talking about your medical history, it may be easier to lessen the possible options. I may make some suggestions but like I said you need to see a doctor.
Since you reported suffering from constipation, it could be your only cause. Since you are not able to get rid of waste, you could be having stomach problems. Irritable bowel syndrome may be suspected as well. Other organs may be questioned as well. You may have inflammation of the stomach, develop GERD, have inflamed esophagus or small bowels or even stomach ulcers. Due to so many options, a visit to a doctor is a must. Hope everything turns out well.