I get severe lower abdominal pain , somewhere near the appendix or kidneys or ovaries 10 days before my periods start.

The pain is so severe that i cant sit or stand or walk. It last for around 1 hr and comes frequently throughout the day , probably 5-6 times. So atleast 1/3 or half of the day i am in pain. Its very severe during the nights that i cannot even sleep.Its like someone is pinching with a needle or a knife and the pain radiates to my lower back and till the right foot.

Sometimes have breathing problem too when pain is very severe. This continues for 7-10 days and after 3-4 days my periods starts. This goes on for every month. I had ,many ultrasound scannings , blood tests but nothing is diagnosed and all organs seems to be normal. No abnormality found. The doctors told they dont know about this as all reports are normal. I have been suffering from past 9 years and its seriously affecting my work life. I am seriously looking out for a solution.

My cramping is right below my belly button. sounds just like yours. does the pain make you vomit too?

my daughter went through that pain.we were in and out of doctors offices and hospitals for almost a solid year. one gyn doctor at Riley Hospital finally figured out she had POS (Polycystic Overy Syndrome). Every month cystitis grows on the overies and when they pop that's what causes the pain. They put her on a mild Birth Control Pill to regulate something in the body snd she is all nut pain free now.

I have this pain too, mine just started this month about 5days ago so i havnt gotten my period. It starts from my lower right side for the first 2 days and after that it extended to my lower right back, my grions, my upper right thigh and my leg making it difficult for me to lift my right legs. I really do hope it stops am 18 and the pain feels terrible sometimes i feel it lyk cramps.i really do hope its my period

Dr. Giron gave you a cut a paste answer, I could have done that. It sounds to me like you may be suffering from endometriosis. Endometriosis tissues get inflamed just before your period beings and could cause pain and then goes after your period starts. The endometrial tissue can affect your colon, appendix, etc so it is a good idea to have it checked out. Good Luck! :)

I have the same problem and sometimes my pain is so bad I actually just want to sleep and never wake up. I have also had all sorts of tests done, everything comes back clear. Last week thursday went to a different gynae but he also confirms no endometriosis!!! Liver & kidney functions normal, no tumors, blood count normal, iron levels perfect. I have been for 2 gastroscopies, a colonoscopy, even my appendix was removed but no doctor can diagnose my problem. I can't live like this anymore.
The doctor i saw on thursday says it may a nervous system disease. Not sure what I should do next!

I have been having this same sharp pain every month at exactly the same time of month for 3 months in a row. We can not find an answer either.

I went into the hospital in 2012 for severe side pain they found I had cysts that ruptured and also found kidney stones. Told me it was a 24-48 hour pain there was nothing they could do I had to wait it out. In 2015 the pain started again constant this time started a log in my phone. Of dates the time the pain started when it stopped and a scale of 1-10 how bad it was I couldn't breathe half the time. The pain was so sporadic didn't coincide with my period. Sometimes it'll be a random day hurt for few seconds at a time and go away. Sometimes it'll be months. I don't have insurance so I've never had it checked out I've been to the ER again and an urgent care they both shrugged their shoulders and discharged me no tests nothing except a push on my right side to see if it was my appendix. I never worried untill now because there's days I can't make it through a simple work day. And just like I've read. I just sleep because it's the only time you can't feel it.

I m also suffering from severe lower right abdominal pain before period.this is first time I m feeling this type of pain.it's also cause constipation.

Hi have u got treated. Are u alright now?

I have the same thing now, I am worried that it is the appendix. :/

Laperoscopy? It’s probably endometriosis

Did u get your period

I am going through the exact pain. This started when I actually came off the pill 9 months ego because I ttc and to make it worse is that these pains are similar to pregnancy signs. Done tests all negative it is very stressful especially at night when you can't sleep and goingredients to work in the morning.

Thank you for the information and detail