I'm 17 years old. I've always noticed that my hands have had a slight shake to them, which usually isn't a problem. But it seems to have gotten slightly worse lately, and it's become a problem as I try to work on projects that require detail. Also, it causes a problem any time I'm in front of a group or holding something for someone, because the shake makes it look like I'm perpetually nervous. I don't drink a lot of caffeine or sugar, so I don't think thats the problem. Does anyone know what, if any, condition I might have? I don't seem to have any other unusual symptoms in addition.

If you think that your shakiness is more pronounced than the normal shakiness almost everybody experiences, you should see a doctor and have some tests done. It is very hard to say, especially if you don’t have any additional symptoms.

Does anybody from your family have similar problems? Do you suffer from anxiety maybe? How often do you feel insecure?

My hands used to shake more when I was smoking marijuana. I didn’t do it every day but my hands would still shake especially when I would get high. Maybe it was the drug that was making me nervous, because it did sometimes.

You don’t experience palms sweating, or weight loss when you are eating normally? I guess not as you said you don’t have any additional symptoms. The reason I am asking is that an overactive thyroid often causes hands’ shakiness.