I have had a dull headache for a couple days. A basic "if I lean forward rushing pain". Today it got a little worse. Went to bed and tried to find a comfortable position. When I layed on my back eventually I got a terrible sharp pain in the back of my head just above my neck. It scared me so bad that I sat up. It seems better if I am sitting up. So I got on the Internet and am looking to see what it might be. I have never had that happen before. Any help would be appreciated. Thanks in advance.

Celebrity
I reckon that you should see a neurologist and have MRI done to have that pain checked. It sounds like a nerve problem but you never know, so a thorough examination would be a good idea.
The pain at the back of the head could be indicating a nerve problem in the cervical (upper) part of the spine. MRI could confirm this or rule out. It could be an inflammation of the nerves that could be causing irritations of the areas these nerves “serve”.
You could be experiencing spine problems and compressing the nerves that are reacting in that way. There are many possible causes that could be causing nerve inflammation (called neuritis). Some of the possible causes are certain autoimmune diseases, diabetes, different infections, exposure to cold, vitamin B deficiency, alcoholism, toxemia, etc
The only way to know for sure is have it checked!