Hi all,
I have been experiencing very quick but fairly intense pains in the center of my chest. They seem to be fairly random but will happen somewhere between 30 seconds to a few minutes apart. It feels like a tiny explosion in my chest in the way it is a sudden burst of pain that quickly subsides in about 2 to 4 seconds.
It does not seem to be connected with my breathing or body position.

Any ideas?

Hi jimmy, I'd like to know how old you are just because these pains are typically associated with being younger, usually anywhere from 14 - 22. Now if that's the case then it's possible that you experience random chest pain, and it's actually quite common among younger people. However, I can tell you that even with chest pain, it's not a good idea not to see a physician just to ensure that whatever it is, you are okay and not suffering from anything more serious! PLease let us know how it goes okay?

I too experience just as Jimmy describes. I'm a 30 yr old female. I had these pains for about 2 weeks a couple of months agao and chalked it up to stress. The pains have started again and I don't feel particularly stressed out at this time so am concerned.

Could it be something serious?

thanks!

Little sharp pains are typical, but not in someone as old as you. They usually occur in adolescents from 13-22. I think that it would be worth your while to visit the doctor and talk about it and see what's going on. It should turn out to be something like heartburn but it's best to get it checked. Let me know, okay?

I am 26 female and have had the exact same thing, in fact I looked it up because it just started up again tonight.

It has been going on for a few years off and on. Some times it will send me into a full blown panic attack. I have been to both the ER with these issues and I have been to a cardiologist who put me on a 24 hr heart monitor. Unfortunately when I was waring the monitor nothing happened that day except a very mild occurrence. Both the multiple ER visits and Cardiologist said they couldn't find anything definite.

One doctor said "maybe you have high blood pressure" then put me on low blood pressure medicine which made no since to me so I never took it.

Any way if any one knows what this possibly could be please let me know.

That panic feeling you get is the part of this story that tells me you need to go back to a heart specialist and have a treadmill stress test, a sonogram of your heart would help as well.  I am no expert but you could have a heart blockage.  Mine was the same as you describe.  I ended up with 3 surgeries to correct it.  Find a cardiologist who listens...(seems easy but is actually hard to find one that does this)  don't waste any time finding another doctor and getting this done right away -- it could save your life....

Im an 18 year old girl, I have had sharp heart pain for 3 to 4 years old, and lately ive been experiencing pain in the middle of my chest its been for a week now.. I also get dizzy quiet often
Is it something serious?

I am experiencing the EXACT same thing Jimmy. Have you found out what's wrong?

I actually went to the doctor today because I have had the same exact pains as Jimmy describes.  It comes suddenly, sharp pains and goes away usually after a few minutes.  Usually slightly to the left of the middle of my chest I will feel the sharp pains, or sometimes right in the middle.  I noticed that when the sudden pain starts, taking deep breaths makes it hurt slightly more...

The dr did some blood work, and listened to my heart and lungs while I took some deep breaths.  That was basically it!  He said I was young (not really, I just turned 31) and have no history of any type of serious illness and if I can pinpoint exactly where the pain is coming from then it is most likely not a cardio problem. 

He prescribed me a muscle relaxer which is basically useless so I am not even filling the prescription and concluded that there could possibly be some inflammation of the muscle near the bone that protects the heart.  Because I have a 1-year old son, he told me it is most likely caused by the continuous picking up and putting down and carrying around my child who most likely is starting to weigh more so it's putting a strain.

Right after I left the doctor I got the pain and I had not been carrying around my son for the past couple days since I want him to walk as much as possible....  I really hope it's just muscle spasms as he says. 

Hi

I am a 16 year old female, and I have been having really sore pains in my chest (above my breasts) and in my throat.I have never had them before, but I recently just recovered from a vomiting virus. These pains come and go every few minutes and don't last long at all. They mostly come with my breathing and feel like a sharp stabbing in my chest and my throat and then feel like they are lowering further down my chest, and it is really quite sore. I have tried panadol but nothing has worked.

Any ideas please?!

my physician suggested esophagus spasms

Finally i find someones description that i can relate of the sharp pain i had today for the first time ever! just as jimmy said, it felt like a little explosion that only hurt me for about 4 seconds. then it went away! but not i noticed the same spot that it hurt me (the center of my chest) now it feels sore. like if i bend over i can feel sore pain. when i sneeze it feels sore as if i had worked out my abs but instead of the sore pain being on my abs its on the center of my chest. a little spot. 

Now, idk if its normal, but i sorta feel a little bump. Maybe that bump has been there but its exactly where my sore pain feels. in the middle of my chest. when i rub it, i feel a bump. 

Im freaking out! I hate feeling of now knowing what could be wrong. Can someone please help! 

i'm 15, I feel just like that an exploding pain in my chest but i usually get it when i stretch..but tonight was different it wasn't just when i stretched its when i move and even had slight pains when i breath and i also have horrible anxiety so it really scares me and just want to know whats wrong.

I'm a 20 year old female and this started happening maybe 2 years ago. The location of the pain is right where the ribs start to separate i think the (Xiphisternal) area and its a really sharp and intense pain, i mean its caused me to throw up and it becomes hard to breathe it causes you to pace and move around alot! I've had several episodes this year already and they all happen in the late hours of the night or early mornings like 4 am the pain comes and goes ranging between a few min to a few hours and it makes me throw up several times even with nothing in my system, its such an awful feeling! you just want to crawl out of your skin. My mom suggested that it was Gallstones, but im not sure the next time it happens im going to the ER so they can catch it in the act!

Jimmy,

I have been having the same exact symptoms over the past 3 days. I am a 26 year old male who is slightly overweight, have slightly high blood pressure, and I do smoke and drink. I have not yet visited a doctor as the pain isn't that bad, but the fact that there is any chest pains like this at all concerns me.