I had terrible diarrhea and stomach cramps. There were blood spots in the stool too. I gave the stool sample into a laboratory as doctor required. They have found germ called Shigella. This germ Shigella cased infection. I don’t know how I got it, but doctor told me that this germ can be spread to touch. I am on antibiotics now. I would like to know did anyone have Shigella and how coped with this bacteria. Thank you.

Yes, I had Shigella once. You want believed how I got it. The handlers at my work office were contaminated and I used them of course and had a lunch after. Few days after vomiting and diarrhea started. I went to see a doctor naturally and he said that it is Shigella. I was ok after therapy, but completely broken. I learned one thing, I must scrub my hand with plenty of antibacterial soap, and also I am using only sanitary toilets. Be careful, Shigella can be found in salads, raw vegetables, milky and dairy products.