Hi, I have a condition and I was not able to talk about it with anyone. You see, it is kind of embarrassing and that is why it is so difficult for me to talk to the doctor about it. Perhaps there is nothing wrong with me at all. The problem is I have yellow stools. What can you tell me about this condition?

Hi, there is nothing to be embarrassed about. Stools can give you a lot of information about what is going on with your digestion. Examining stools, for instance their color or texture, will provide you with all the necessary data. As for your problem, yellow stools can be caused by several things. Usually, medications are responsible for that. This condition can also indicate lack of bile salt. This salt gives stools the brownish color. Hepatitis is also found to make the stool be yellow. A visit to the doctor will clarify things for you. Another thing that causes yellow stools is the possibility that it is passing trough the digestive tract too rapidly and therefore does not have the time to change color. In most of the cases the problem is the lack of bile salts. This is known as bilary obstruction. Because there are many conditions that cause the stools to be yellow, I would advise you to see a doctor who will determine the cause of your problem and the right course of treatment.

I agree. You should not be concerned because this can happen to anyone and it is sometimes normal for the stool to change its color. Just go and consult your doctor about this and be aware that you will have to give a stool sample to your doctor because that is the only way to determine the cause. Anyway, I also had problems with it and going to visit my doctor was not pleasant at all. For example, conditions that affect the intestines, especially those that interfere with fat absorption, can also cause yellow stool which was a result in my case. Some parasites that can be found in waste products and contaminated water, can cause yellow diarrhea as well. I was surprised with that fact, but I am glad that it was nothing serious.