A visual observation of my stool while I have diarrhea shows a strange phenomenon. There are often many pea-sized clumps that have little 'hairs' coming out of the sides which are a darker brown color. they are not straight, but have some bends in them. They stick out 1/8th to 1/4 inch, sometimes more and they appear to go through the clumps. The clumps float and often have a mass of very tiny bubbles around them. I have been on an extremely low fiber diet for a week now, and they still appear.
My diarrhea has been going on for 8 days now, and it started out with cramps and similar symptoms as lactose intolerance. It started within an hour or less of having lunch in a restaurant. I had a fever of about 2 degrees above normal for about 24 or more hours, then the fever went away for almost 24 hours while I had no diarrhea incidents - and then the fever came back for another 24 or more hours.
I have had significant pain in the very lower abdomen - well below the naval and down to the pubic bone. the pain is in the middle and out to both sides, slightly more to the left. Pain intensity rises before having to have a bowel movement, snd it seems the pain is not far from the rectum based on when gas oor BM passes.
I took Imodium AD for a while, but now have been taking Atropine0.025/diphenoxylate2.5mg. I am not sure if it does much good.
I have consumed LOTS of liquid Gatorade, water, dilute Jello and I am not dehydrated. I have been on the BRAT diet with crackers, pretzels, some mashed potato, a little oatmeal, NO fiber, NO fat, NO juice,caffein, alcohol, dairy or bran. My weight is within 1 or 2 pounds of normal.
I have had no nausea or vomiting at all.

Do you have any suggestions or conclusions?
Thanks very much,
Charles W. Saylor

I am experiencing the same exact thing. Did you ever find out what is was caused from? I also had eaten at a local restaraunt when this started (less than a day later). I went to the dr. but they wouldnt run any tests until after I finished this medication.

I, too, am having the same issue.
I've been out of work since last Friday. Any resolve guys?!

DAmn it i need a resolution too... Ive had a fever for 4 days now and cramps in my stomach and intestines. My stoll has gradually become truely black and im just getting weaker from it all. No nausea or vomiting either.

I just had my gallbladder removed and I think it is related to that.

i had the same thing it lasted about 3 weeks it was horrible after about 2 weeks things started to get better and after 3 weeks every thing was good this happens to me about once every 2 years or so no idea y but u just gotta wait it out iv been to the doctor many times they have never found any thing except a high white blood cell count... its weird lol have fun

I am also experiencing he same thing. However I don;t have a fever; I have the same stool problems, same pain (lower abdominal pain more to the left than the right). The pain gets more severe when passing a bowel movement then goes away or becomes mild after  am finished. I also noticed lying on your back or stomach makes the pain go away until I get up again. Feels like pulling or spasms going on in my abdominal area.

This has been going on for 4 days now. I haven't had dairy in over a year. My diet the last few days have been applesauce, activa, crackers, chicken, rice and mass amounts of water.

I just want this to go away permanently! Has anyone found the issues as of yet?

i am having the same problems and had the docs tell me my white blood cell count was high also. have you came up with anything?? also i have pain in my right testical and above my penis on the right side . anybody know anything as i am very uncomfortable

I'm having this right now. Ive had it before. Ive had it for about a week. But it trasitioned from diahrea to a softer looking strands of green stool. The cramps are still bad though.