I have a shooting pain that runs from my right lower back where it meets my butt to/through my right testicle. My testicle is tender to the touch or under any applied pressure. No swelling and no discoloration visible, have had pain for about a week now. No trauma that I can remember.

Kidney stone? testicle infection/inflamation? torsion? Could it be any of these or anything else? I have overdeveloped lower back muscle on left side due to scoliosis (10+ years), is this related?

Please help or refer me to a forum that can, thanks

Celebrity
In my point of your and from my experience, it sounds like kidneys stones to me. I had the same problem and exactly the same symptoms.

It would start at the lower back and then radiate to the groins and testicles.
I don’t know why testicles hurt when the stones don’t get there. They travel from kidneys to the urethra to be expelled and may stick somewhere or block some ducts if too big and cause the pain. If they block urethra, the urine may not be able to leave the body and kidneys may swell and get damaged. Also, if this happens bacteria can settle down and lead to UTI which leads to further problems. I even had nausea all the time, I reckon it was from the pain.
Considering you had pain for a week now, I would suggest you saw a doc to get this checked out. You treatment will depend on the size and location of the stone if they are stones and not something else. Good luck man!

I have a very simular problem and my doctor can not figure it out.

I am 72 years old and my Right testicle has swelled up and I recently found a 3/8 lump on right side. The lump is very tender and it is very painful. I have unbearable pain in my groin and scrotum. The pain continues to be felt going up and around my back (near my kidney). It continues to hurt with an aching pain that runs down my right leg just below my knee.

I sometimes have problems Urinating and it can also be very painful to pee.

I had this same problem 5 years ago. My urologist had me take 1 Flomax pill each day and it did not help. He then prescribed a bright purple pill that also did not help. I finally was put in the hospital and was feed me medicine by IV. After 4 days in the hospital the swelling went down and everything was normal again. The doctor told me to take Prosar and – Decreases the size of the prostate) Takes a Flomax – Helps your pee flow

For the last 5 years I have been taking 1 Proscar pill and 1 Flomax pill day. I have had a hard time peeing.

Recently I have been diagnosed with Prostate Cancer. The doctor said they caught it early and treated me with 28 Radiations Treatment and then followed up with 2 Needle implant treatments where they inserted 18 needles below my scrotum and they pumped radiation through it. I just finished up with the needle treatments and that was when my swelling began.

My doctor wanted me to wait to see if the swelling would go down and told me to wait a week. The swelling did not go down and I asked him to put me in the hospital to feed medicine by IV. I was hoping this would help. The IV has been feeding me medicine the past 5 days and that has not helped. The pain is unbearable and I am ready to loose a Testicle if needed.

Please help provide some alternative solutions or advise so I maybe able to discuss this with my doctor. We are both at a loss and do not what to do next.