Hi there! I am experiencing pain in my right testicle. It first occured about three weeks ago and my right testicle was very swollen. I went to a doctor and he examined and felt it was epididymitis and prescribed Novo Naprox 500 MG (anti-inflammatory). This has done nothing noticeable for me - the pain continues, although the testicle is no longer swollen. The left testicle seemed to be painful for a couple of days and also seemed swollen, but they are both no longer swollen - but the pain has not gone away. I know it is not an STI, scrotom is not swollen, no painful urination, no lumps (both self examined and doctor examined), no fever. It also hurts now when I cough. Right after the cough, there is a sharp pain in the testicle followed by a shooting pain up to the abdomen creating a dull pain that lasts for a few seconds. When I stand up from sitting position, there is pain in both the testicle and abdomen. The pain seems to reside at the bottom of the right testicle. If I tap the testicle very lightly, it generates the sharp pain but no shooting pain into my abdomen. Sitting is now getting uncomfortable as it always seems my testicle is feeling pressure which causes a dull pain.

Any recommendations or insight into what this may be?

The pain you feel in your abdomen is just natural as when you have testicular pains, it usually radiates to lower abdomen, so this is just a normal consequence.
How old are you? Young men having abdominal pains should have the scrotum carefully checked as there might be the possibility of having the testicular torsion, the pain actually indicates this condition.
There are a few kinds of infection that you might have, your doctor thought it was the epididymitis but there is another one called orchitis and this is the inflammation of one or both your testicles caused by bacteria or virus like mumps. It can occur at the same time as epididymitis or prostatitis.
If your pain is severe and sudden, this could be something more serious and demands the expert’s examination. Do you have some nausea or vomiting beside the symptoms that you already have?
Well, I think you should follow the doctor’s directions and be persistent in treating this condition of yours.

I also have back pain. I have a simular problem and my doctor can not figure it out.

I am 72 years old and my Right testicle has swelled up and I recently found a 3/8 lump on right side. The lump is very tender and it is very painful. I have unbearable pain in my groin and scrotum. The pain continues to be felt going up and around my back (near my kidney). It continues to hurt with an aching pain that runs down my right leg just below my knee.

I sometimes have problems Urinating and it can also be very painful to pee.

I had this same problem 5 years ago. My urologist had me take 1 Flomax pill each day and it did not help. He then prescribed a bright purple pill that also did not help. I finally was put in the hospital and was feed me medicine by IV. After 4 days in the hospital the swelling went down and everything was normal again. The doctor told me to take Prosar and – Decreases the size of the prostate) Takes a Flomax – Helps your pee flow

For the last 5 years I have been taking 1 Proscar pill and 1 Flomax pill day. I have had a hard time peeing.

Recently I have been diagnosed with Prostate Cancer. The doctor said they caught it early and treated me with 28 Radiations Treatment and then followed up with 2 Needle implant treatments where they inserted 18 needles below my scrotum and they pumped radiation through it. I just finished up with the needle treatments and that was when my swelling began.

My doctor wanted me to wait to see if the swelling would go down and told me to wait a week. The swelling did not go down and I asked him to put me in the hospital to feed medicine by IV. I was hoping this would help. The IV has been feeding me medicine the past 5 days and that has not helped. The pain is unbearable and I am ready to loose a Testicle if needed.

Please help provide some alternative solutions or advise so I maybe able to discuss this with my doctor. We are both at a loss and do not what to do next.

This is quite hearteneing to read, as I've found little other help on-line, or indeed with the medical assistance I've received.

I've had a condition almost exactly like the first post in this thread.

Overall sensitivity around my testicles and scrotum, as above the pain comes mainly from 'underneath'. A slight brush to the right or the left of my scrotum causes and immediate sharp pain followed by aching for an extended period of time. Depedending on what I did, the pain can last for an hour, or until I go to sleep for the night. Driving, sitting down, wearing jeans, are just some of the things which are harder than before and painful.

I originally recevied trauma to the area during wrestling training. Not extrem pain at the time but it has never gone away.

I've spent a couple of thousand dollars in seeking what's wrong. Two MRI's checking the scrotum and lower abdomen to check for cysts etc.. A catscan to check for nerve damage or scar tissue, a flowtest, a colonoscopy for checking my prostate and cystoscopy for checking my bladder (dear lord that was bad). I've been on two anti-inflams, and also been on an anti-convulscant in Epilim. I've just tried not training for 5 weeks, and nothing has improved.

What can be wrong? What else is there to do? I don't want to have this the rest of my life but a year has gone by and it's no better at all.

hey,i'm 23 i have experienced right testicle pain from 2 months. i began like a pain in my lower testicle then radiates upward around my penis, accompanied with leg pain and lower back pain, the pain accentuates when sitting and is soothed when walking; also had i a heeling of heavy, swollen right testicle .....i had feeling of burning after pissing and burning was a bit relieved by ejaculating.... i was very afraid and did not tell anybody... i couldn't sleep all this period and was suspicious of the worst!!!
after all i decided to see an urologist.... after he finished his physical exam (even he tested my prostate gland....(very embarrassing procedure)), he said that everything seems normal.... they he ask, do u have family history concerning calculi, i said yes.... hes asked, do u drink water, i replied very very very little amount daily but i drink a lot of coffee.... he prescribed me to drink lot of water and take 'uroctal' to treat infections due to calculi (small stones) and some anti-inflammatory medicament to relieve pain (just in case of steep pain)... this is my third day of treatment, i quit coffee and im having a big amount amount of water.... and i m feeling excellent, pain still exist, however i can barely feel it, maybe mostly because i was psychically relieved......
guys take that advice: premeditated illusions are the most morbid.... see ur urologist asap and u'll feel that ur life has just started again!!!!

If this is epididymitis, orchitis, etc, it will need to be treated with a heavy dose of antibiotics. You need to be sure you are talking to a urologist and also check for hernia, prostrate issues, cancer, etc. I have had this a few times. It sucks. I hope it goes away forever for you. For several folks it apparaently does. However, I have had relapses. Note, the pain pills (Naprox,e tc did not do squat for me - only the antibiotic). Urologists tell me that some folks have recurring epoiditimitis, etc and some develop some sort of chronic testicular pain - like a mild migrain in the testicles. It sucks.

Now I have pain in lower abdomen which I guess may be related to a recurrance, but could be something else. Pain is usually when lying down. Don't get rest because of it.

16 been having the problem off and on for a week, horrible pains in my right testicle with pains in my right leg.. so unbearable I cant sleep but as someone else said I do drink alot of soda and very little water daily.. going to start drinking water and taking antibiotics and hopefull that helps..

its worth a try because im fearing the worst :-(

my right testical feels like it is being pulled up into my abdorman when i bend over causing a sharp pain just in my right testical been to the doctor no signs of a hernia prostrate all good when sitting and standing i have a dull pain all the time seens to be more unconfortable when sleeping still a dull pain no one seem to know the problem[list=][/list]

Hi have had similar pain caused due to sudden exercise ,, e.g. weight lifting or tennis sport..

was cured in one day by doing this yoga excercise BALASANA

see link below

yogajournal.com/poses/475

let me know if this cures it for all of you.

Thanks

exact same story... you've had some tests that i havent had but i have had ultrasound on testicle and kidney , kidney xrays, ect... one doc wanted to take a lymphnode out to check but i opted not to do it considering there wasnt anything they could find wrong.. but lately its becoming more of a problem again... when i set for long periods of time i get a numbness in my groin area and my epididimys(sp?) swells along with my testicles.. its like a pressure.. not necessarily a pain... like it doesnt hurt but it is such an annoyance it is close to it.. ive found that taking a hot shower helps trenemdously.. also i have been reading alot and have come to the conclusion that it is possible either a hydrocele or varicocele ... but they shouldnt have missed either of these in an ultrasound... but who knows :/... symptoms deffinately point to these..

symptoms: pain from testicle through spermatic cord into abdomen(somewhat like a burning sensation, sometimes in groin area too); swelling in testicle; almost like its filling something(leading me to suspicion of variocele.. variocele is pretty much like varicrose(sp?) veins in legs....) anyways.. dont know what to do about it other than try to live with it... if its hydrocele they can drain the fluids from the spermatic tube if it is unbearable, but in most cases u can deal... but ya, ive been dealing with it a while now and i use to get anxious about it and kinda get worked up about it a little.. that only makes it worse ;/... only advice i could give :/...

I had a very bad infection in my right testicle on halloween of 2005. The dr's called it epiditimitus. My testicle swelled up to the size of nearly a basket ball. I was in the hospitial for about a week and a half, being treated with IV antibiotics and heavy painkillers. The problem is I still have severe pain in my right testicle. I have been told that I have a large amount of scar tissue down there and that it must be affecting a nerve. It is dull painful and even pain that goes into my stomach like I have been kick in the balls. Sometimes it is worse than others. I have seen several Urologists, taken MRI's and ultrasounds to no avail, and was even told that I may have testicle cancer, what a scare. My Urologist said that he is sure that I don't have cancer, and it is more of a unexplained pain. Well no sh*t! It is 2008 and the best they can do for me is painkillers. I told my Urologist I am willing to cut off my right testicle and he said that I could have "Phamtom Pain" if I did that and be no better off. He then worte my Primary care and told him I refused surgery. I am going back to see what it was I refused after I told him he could cut it off. I am hoping he has a remedy for me, but I amnot holding my breath. Does anyone have any advice or similar stories with a happy ending? (No pun Intended) I would love to hear them. Thanks for your time.

just like to thank the guy who mentioned the balasana yoga thingy
worked in like 5 minutes

was worried i had tortion testicle or some sh*t
but yeh thanks man your a legend

To guy with variocele - get it fixed. I left mine untreated for 10 years and testicle shrunk permanently because of circulatory damage. The op was a breeze.Wasn't knocked out and it only took 10 mins. Couple of platinum coils inserted into varicose veins via a tiny cut at top of leg. Its official title is "variocele embloisation". Swelling went too and much more comfortable. Don't do what I did, just get the op over and done with.

i have had his problem for monthes and no doctor has any idea what it is ... it comes on and off with me i find wearing tight boxers help alot. i just get a ache in my right testicale when sleeping i have to sleep on my back if i slepp on my side it feels as tho my testicale will come out of place.

its like it has sligtly come out of its place and becomes very senseative to touch and move ... tho apon insection by a sevreal doctors everything is fine , i am expectin my 1st child so there workin ??

when this 1st happend to me it lasted 9 weeks and after work would leave me bed ridden i find traiing makes it worse my wife thinks its a hernia but doctors say its not ??

are we all suffering from a unknown illness

I only have this trouble after I ejaculate, but no trouble if I don't. Depending on your severity of overuse I would stop for a week to 4 weeks and then see how it is. I'm no doctor, but I read some website years ago that gave the advice of stopping for 3 or 4 weeks. It was a website that sold vitamin supplements and claimed that ejaculating depletes your body of nutrients if done excessively... don't know if that's true, but I just now got this pain again that you guys mention only after I used the equipment- when I had zero trouble 10 minutes ago. Don't use your testicle in any way at all for a week and see if the problem reduces. It's worth a shot to address this mystery illness.