Hi. A friend of mine is epileptic. He had a seizure yesterday and I was present. I didn`t know what was going on. I thought like he will swallow his tongue or something. I would like to hear from somebody with experience what happens in a seizure? I wanted to ask my friend, but I don`t want to make him feel uncomfortable because of his condition.

Hi. I am an epileptic too. It is not possible to swallow your own tongue during seizure. You can bite it, but you can`t swallow it. I am usually not aware that I`ve just had a seizure. Last time I was vomiting. I can`t remember many stuff during my seizures. I just know I have terrible headaches after it and I have to sleep for a while. I remember once when I had a seizure I passed out. The other time my friend was with me. He places his jacket under my head to prevent injuries. I`ve seen a guy during seizure. It is really strange to see somebody who is just like you. Now I know how it appears to other people when I have a seizure.

I had my first seizure when I was about 8. In a seizure you shake, but you don't feel it. I didn't even know I had a seizure. I just woke up in an ambulance confused why I was in there. You are just in deep sleep when you have a seizure. I had a couple of more later on. My doctor said it would stop at 12, and it did.

I wish i went straight to a deep sleep when i had mine, its the most painful thing i have ever experienced in my life, first i lose muscle control then i lose sight, then i lose hearing with a very loud buzzing sound, all while choking, and then i pass out