At what age foreskin tends to shorten? How much does it shorten? I’m a mom of 2 years old boy. He is uncircumcised. His foreskin is long and adherent to penis. Please tell me something about changes that are going to happen. Thanks.

Foreskin tends to shorten by itself; it’s so called auto- circumcision. Circumcision is sometimes done at school, if hasn’t been done before. Foreskin has no specific function in fact. It is adherent to the head of penis at the birth. Until the age of four it gradually separates from the head and the glands. Smegma is smelly material that should be removed by washing this part, and this can be done when prepuce becomes retractable.

Esta's answer is all basically correct, with minor exceptions. Seperation of the childhood adhesions can complete as early as birth, but usually don't until age 3 - 5. If it's not easily and fully retractable in the next few years after that, it's time to get worried and get help.

Not all foreskins shorten significantly, or autoretract with erections. Those are in a minority, and don't evolve until after puberty. But you can help this process by encouraging frequent, prolonged or even permanent foreskin retraction, WHEN it naturally reaches its own retractability. DO NOT force it prematurely.

Miine does not retract at all. Unless myself or my wife make it do so.. it does give me a VERY sensitive head.. but she and I both like it a lot

At his age it's normal for the foreskin to adhere to the penis. Leave well alone and all will be well.

my penis is 13 inches,he can have some of my forskin

hey tickner,ill give ya 6 inces of foreskin,is that enough,ive got it saved in a jar

Foreskin has no specific function? It protects the head of the glans. It prevents the head of the penis from drying out and keratinizing. It is host to tens of thousands of the most sensitive nerve cells. It is not just a flap of skin.

I find the answers you've gotten somewhat curious. I'm a 70 year old male with a foreskin. Of course I can't remember my experience with it at 2, however, my earliest memories are that mine always retracted completely. And it never shortened. If anything it might have grown proportionately as I matured. I think what really happens is that the glans penis (head) grows to fill the foreskin. As your son's penis grows from puberty to maturity, his foreskin will grow proportionately. The ever increasing size of his erections over these years will normally an necessarily stretch his foreskin to cover the wider and thicker head. Mine may have shortened when I was baby and I have no memory of it, but I assure you from my first memories at 4-5, my foreskin has only gotten bigger and more elastic. Congratulations on not mutilating your son. You're a good mom.