Lately I’ve started to think if I have too much foreskin. I wonder if that was normal if I can do all on my own without retracting foreskin over head of penis. I have the entire foreskin covering it the whole time. My friend says this is not normal and I should get it cut off. Is it common for other uncut guys or is that weird?

The foreskin is there to protect the glans and urethra from infections. Keeps him soft and moist as nature intended it, also keeps glans warm. During an erection, penis becomes fifty percent (50%) longer. Where does the skin come from to cover that longer part? Of course it’s from the foreskin. How to say if something is normal on guys body or not? If your foreskin isn’t causing you any problems you should leave it alone. Someone think it’s better to cut it off, but it lubricates and protects the head and it produces oils that are full of enzimes that help us fight infections. As long as you keep it clean like anyone with a circumcised penis should, there is no difference at all. Why to fix something that isn’t broken?

If I read correctly, the guy's foreskin is unretracted at ALL times. So how can he possibly clean under it? Only half of all penises grow half bigger with erections. Depends if you are a "grower" or a "shower". A foreskin that is never retracted can expect to breed bacteria, hypersensivity and possible phimosis. None of this is normal, healthy, or sexually fullfilling. It IS broken, and needs treatment ASAP.

I have the exact same problem... And have no clue what to do. HELP

Hi there guys!

I just wanted to ask peanut_butter to explain a bit more what he meant with the same problem cos it seems to me that we didn't understand minicucci's problem in the same way. I actually think that he said that his foreskin is covering the whole penis but is retractable, it's just that his friend thought that is unnormal. I have my penis covered with foreskin all the way when not erected, over the head as well but is retractable and I have no problems what so ever!!!

Maybe I misunderstood him a bit too...

The skin covers the head, except about 1.5 cm in diameter, where the piss comes out...This is when erected! That would mean the skin is not retractable, is this right? Is this dangerous? I can not force the skin, because it starts to hurt...

Hi there Peanut_butter! How old are you? Have you ever had sex? All these questions may be important, bc if you are a teenager than your foreskin may have not totally ( lets say) develop – separated from the glans. If you are older, then I am interested what happens during sex? Does it hurt?
It could be possible that you have phimosis. But there are two types of phimosis : congenital phimosis ( in babies, boys, and sometimes teenagers – usually dissolves on its own ) and acquired phimosis in adults. Phimosis is a disorder in which foreskin can not be retracted. There are 3 possible treatments other than circumcision. 1st - topical application of an ointment to the prepuce, 2nd - gradual stretching of the opening of the prepuce to make it wider: 3rd - surgical reshaping of the prepuce opening to make it wider.

I'm 17, soon 18... No, never had sex :/

So, you would think that it just hasn't been "developed" yet?

I for sure hope so :/

Well, you are at this lets call it age border…the literature says that sometimes even teenagers have this congenital phimosis ( not separated yet ). You know what….you should go and have that check out. It is better to do it now and see what it is really about bc later when the sex comes up you may have problems….it could hurt and stuff. You shouldn’t be worried about going to the urologist bc there are so many men with much worse problems-trust me. It is nothing you should be worried about. It is better to take care of it now, so that later you can enjoy your love life. Just go! And tell us what happened there, maybe something we didn’t know…good luck!

Thanks for all your help and advice...
I might do that. I just hope it isn't something too serious :-(

You are more than welcome! It was my pleasure to help or at least try to. Good luck!

This is all basically correct, except that what you call "congenital" is not phimosis at all. Rather, it is latent childhood adhesions, so that the foreskin is not yet separated from the penis head. While the result is the same as phimosis (where the opening is not large enough to pass the head out the end, whether or not it is adhered inside), the cause and treatment are not the same.
Adhesions usually separate on their own by age 3 - 5 in all but about 10% of boys, and by age 10 in all but ONE percent. After that (at the latest), something should be done right away.
Actual phimosis can exist from birth onward, or can, as you point out, be acquired later. In the latter cases, the growing penis becomes too large for the opening, and normal retractability that may have existed previously is now lost.
Regardless of which of these causes, non-retractability causes inability to clean properly, often leads to hypersensitivity of the penis head due to lack of adequate exposure, and sexual disfunction (real sexual fulfillment is not possible with a non-retracting foreskin, whatever its owner may think).
One of the best sources for help with these problems that I have found is at f19.parsimony.net/forum33578.

your forsekin must be retracted behind the head every day in the shower otherwise there is a chance you will get infections because the environment is warm and moist, the perfect conditions for germs.

It will take a few weeks but you must slowly, everyday in the shower, try to pull the entire forskin behind the head of your penis. If it hurts too much go easy, you don't want to tear the skin of your foreskin, this is obviously very painful.

With time and consistency you will slowly be able to stretch the skin of the foreskin so that when you have erections the skin is able to be rolled behind the head. The foreskin is physiologically necessary as it secretes a lubricant that keeps the head of the penis soft and sensitive, and facilitates for more pleasurable sex.

dude im 14 would a girl laugh if they saw that even wen erect that my for skin civer my head is it normal at my age im to sh yto see a doctor and tlk to parents

plz help me guys wrote:

hockman wrote:

The foreskin is there to protect... Keeps him soft and moist... also keeps glans warm. During an erection, penis becomes fifty percent (50%) longer... lubricates and protects the head and it produces oils that are full of enzimes that help us...

dude im 14 would a girl laugh if they saw that even wen erect that my for skin cover my head is it normal at my age, im to shy to see a doctor and tlk to parents

Soft and moist? Warm? Sounds all so feminine, doesn't it? Fifty percent? Enzymes and oils? Sounds so scientific.
Dude, it all depends if you are a "shower" or a "grower" whether your penis gets any longer with erections. Length of the foreskin determines if it will auto-retract with erections or not. What matters is that it will retract, whether automatically or manually. If not, you've got a PROBLEM, and it needs attention. All that stuff that collects underneath it, which the guy above is talking about, is... in a word, BAD. Get rid of it.