I just got one last night, as the doctor considers me an at risk patient.

Do you get a flu shot?

i've never gotten one. i used to get my son one when he was a baby but every year he'd get one, he seemed to get flu??? once it landed him in the hospital....so i stopped getting flu shots for him. he would be considered high risk as well. he's never been sick since i stopped those shots, in fact he's my "perfect attendance" kid for about 6 years running now.

just jinxed him :|

i'm sure they'll be a feeding frenzy for those shots this year. the shortage was hyped to the sky on MSNBC yesterday. :x

The usually have them at work. I try and get one every year.

I've never had a flu shot and it's been years and years since I've had the flu.

I got a flu shot once, I got the flu.

I try to get one every year since I'm a sickly little thing and will catch any and everything worth catching.

Here too, but yesterday we were just told with the shortage out there, we got nixed. :?

:1: I was never so sick as I was that year.

:1:
Last year we got them really late. Haven't heard the status of this years yet.

Another question. Does your insurance company's cover the cost of the shot. I wasn't sure if mine did or didn't, but I had the doctor give it to me anyway. If I have to pay for it I will.

I have been getting them free all my life. Either at work or the VA and more recently from my doctor and lately at the place I'm forced to go under Obamacare now that my doctor was forced out of business by Obamacare. Now when I'm in a medical center at the appropriate time of year, I have so many offers by someone walking around with a needle in their hand I have to shoo them away.

Dude, they're only $10-$25. I don't think any insurance company will pay for it, as it's elective.

In my situation I am a high risk patient
I don't really care if they pay for it or not. If its covered by them I want my insurance to pay for it.

Our medical plan here covers 'em. I've not had to pay for one yet.

I get one every year and pay for it myself. I can cover the cost of $25 rather than being out sick for a day and having to use sick hours when my boss lets me use them for vacation or running errands and the such and I don't get sick!