Hi, I have been training for 6 months now but I do not see significant progress in my shoulders definition. I heard about shoulder press and military press. How different are these exercise? Which one is more effective for definition and development of shoulders? How different they are than Barbell Press?

Practically, I believe that is just different names for the same exercise. Because, military shoulder press can be done in standing position or seating with back support. It just depends of target group of muscles (stabilization of whole body/ one part of deltoids muscle). Some builders claim that they work different muscle groups, bench for pecs, and military for deltoids.

Hi tait,

Well the difference is really a minimal and if you are seriously targeting these groups of muscles and you don’t see any improvement than you should consult with a personal trainer in the gym and ask for some tips. It would be useful to get some tips especially for your case because we are all different.

Basically, military press targets the deltoid muscles in the shoulders and triceps and legs as well.

And about the shoulder press I have heard it can bring you harder abs and increase your bench press as well. So it is up to you to decide what best fits you because I believe that you will see more progress if you choose the exercises which more suits you than listening the others.