I have a very sharp pain in my shoulder. The location of the pain is really bizzare as it feels right on top and at the edge of the shoulder! It hurts everytime I touch the top edge of my shoulder bone. The pain get unbearable during the workout session (bench press or shoulder press). I haven't been able to workout for over a week now. I've tried heat pads, ben gay, tiget balm etc but it didn't help. I don't recall hitting anything or hurting during the workout session. Any ideas?

Thanks

Hi! This must be related to your workouts. Excessive use of the shoulder sometimes leads to inflammation and swelling. The result is a condition known as subacromial bursitis, which often occurs in association with rotator cuff tendinitis. You should talk to your doctor about it, I believe the treatment won't be complicated, it normally includes resting, altering your activities, and sometime physical therapy. I hope this helps.

It could be a number of reasons why the discomfort you are having. It could be you pulled a muscle or fallen down and hured yourself. You could have gotten stung by an insect or its just bone problem due to Arthritis. My suggestion is to go to the doctor to have it out. I had the same pain on my shoulder and it was an insect stung me . But I am not saying what I had is what you may have. Everybody situation is different. I truly hope you feel better. When I feel pains on my body I just soak myself in a tub with Epsom salt in warm water. Take Care, Carmen

***this post is edited by moderator *** *** private e-mails not allowed*** Please read our Terms of Use