Hello My sister’s boyfriend Phil is crazy for the teas and plants. I would even tell he is obsessed with the teas (maybe more than with my sister :)). Anyway, we recently had a conversation about teas that are good for weight loss and fat burning. He told me that his favorite tea is green tea and that that is the best tea for losing weight (and overall health too). I am not as crazy for teas as he but I know a lot about the ones which have weight loss benefits and I think that yerba mate tea is the best. Do you know something about these two teas? Please tell me is yerba mate tea better for weight loss than green tea?

Well, your discussion is some kind of eternal question and was the theme of numerous studies.

Both of these teas are really healthy and it’s recommended to drink them. When it comes to fat burning and weight loss properties and benefits I don’t know what to tell you. There are no studies which clearly showed that one of these teas is better than other. I can tell you that both of the teas contain caffeine and cause thermogenesis (heating you up and speeding up your metabolism) and fat oxidation. Apparently, those are the mechanisms which make these teas so good for weight loss.

In summary, I’ve never found any proof which can say that one of these teas is better than the other for losing weight.

HI

I find this theme very interesting.

Both of teas are really great. TinkerBell 23 I see that you don’t agree but I think that yerba mate tea is better for losing weight. And you are wrong, there ARE some studies that showed yerba mate is better “fat burner”. It’s simple. You see, both of the teas contain caffeine but yerba mate contain higher dosage and that’s directly connected with yerba mate’s better effect on losing weight.

Ok, that advantage isn’t very big but when question is asked the answer is: Yerba mate tea is better if you want to use it for losing weight.

So Aristotle40, tell Phil he’s wrong. ;)