Hi, I am a thirty two years old man. My job requires me to be elegant all the time. This includes applying cosmetic products. The one I use on my hair is hair spray. A friend of mine told me that the use of hair sprays can really damage my hair. So far I did not have any problems. However, I am a bit worried. Can you tell me something about hair sprays side effects?

Hi, I am very glad to hear that you are taking care of your appearance, even though it is for the job purposes only. Excessive use of any products, including hair sprays has side effects. I am a bit older than you. I also used hair sprays a lot. The thing is I started using them ever since I was a teenager. Pretty soon, in my mid twenties, my hair was falling off like crazy. At first I thought I was suffering from some kind of illness. After seeing a doctor, no medical conditions were found. He sent me to a dermatologist. It was he that found out the cause of my problems. It was hair sprays. I suggest you see a doctor too and tell him about your concerns. Perhaps he can advise you in using some other products that will help you maintain your appearance.