well actually he's my ex bf but I am very worried about him we broke up like three months ago because he constantly lied about quiting and was doing it behind my back. He's been doing it for almost two years now He constantly says hes going to quit but now can barely make it through a couple days without doing it because he says he needs it and that he feels like all he does is sleep all the time without it. He also is always depressed. I constantly worry about him I have seen what it has done to him he's lost friends, family and basically his life but he says it's not a choice. But I tell him it is. I am really afraid for him what can I do to get him realize he has a problem? He constantly says he will get help later and all it really is is excuse after excuse.

There isn't a whole lot you can do for him. Someone who is addicted has to personaly make the decision that they want to quit. Just don't let him "guilt trip" you into supporting his habit.

Good luck to you and your ex.

I see it's been awhile since you had posted. Maybe by chance you will read this. I also broke up with my boyfriend due to his meth use. I feel for you. The pain of not being able to help and only being able to watch his decline, is heart wrenching, I know. I fell for a seemingly charming and charismatic guy, who at the drop of a hat, would jump through hoops to make me happy. He had a degree, a great job, handsome and kind. After a few months, it unraveled. He couldn't hide his addiction. He became moody, volatile, suspicious, paranoid and would stay out of contact for days. I knew nothing of meth before then. Discovered it in his apartment, when his bizarre behaviour made me search for answers. Trust me on this. I should of listened to the many people who had experience with this drug. You cannot help him. Even if he has a family who loves him beyond measure. They can't talk him out of this need for it. He and only he, can save himself. It changes your thought patterns. Things that you used to find joy in, no longer are appealing. If you research, I am sure you have by now..you will discover what it does to ones mind. I am sure you have many stories concerning this. Anyone that has had a loved one addicted to meth, does. All I can say is step back from it. It will cause you immense pain, if you don't. It won't be easy. I know! I am sorry that you have involved in this horrible drug. Because his addiction, makes everyone suffer right along with him. I made many mistakes, before I finally learned. Don't check up on him, to see if he's ok. Do not believe one word that comes from his mouth. If they use meth, they will never be honest with you on anything. They will cheat. (I know, that is painful to hear). Its just the way meth works. Also, if you think he would never lay a hand to hurt you, it will happen. They can't control their temper. You don't need that in your life. Someone who desires to cherish you is out there.Don't put all your energy into trying to save him. Save yourself. Just pray for him. I hope you find your way to happiness. I truly do.