Hi I am a 32 year old women and I had my tonsils removed June 2nd 2006. Since then I have been having dreadful trouble digesting and keeping food and fluids down. I went through a phase where I could eat Quavers, Soup and keep most fluids down, but it is slowly getting worse and I even vomit water back up now.
I have had all the blood tests available and they have all come back clear. I had the camera passed down my throat to my stomach - that too was all clear.
I know it sounds odd, but when I eat it seems to get stuck in my lower throat, I get a weezing cough and the only way I can ease it, is by vomiting. When I do vomit, it is made up of the food I have eaten, surrounded by a kind of egg white consistancy fluid, very thick and sticky. On some occassions the food dislodges itself and I am able to swallow it.
The only thing I can think of is that it is linked to my Tonsilectomy. Has anyone experienced the same or similar symptoms. I have lost over 2 stone in weight and I am looking like death warmed up.
YOU ARE MY LAST HOPE - I GIVE UP WITH THE DOCTORS TELLING ME IT IS PSYCHOLOGICAL

Many Thanks
Lisa

This is a suggestion and maybe you have already seen one. I am an Respiratory Therapist in a rehabilitation hospital. We work closely with Speech Therapist to help people with speaking on vents. Many of these people have impaired swallows from muscle weakness. Maybe now that your large tonsils are no longer there maybe you need to learn to swallow without them. My 17 year old will be getting her tonsils probably adenoids as well out next week. Her nose whistles when she is well and can't breath through it when she's sick. She has a hard time swallowing when she gets sick. She said one of her friends would have fluids come out of her nose after her tonsilectomy. Think of it You learned to swallow one way with them in 32 years right. you may need to learn to swallow a different way now that those large obstructing things are gone. I hope this helps.