I recently had a tonsilectomy 6 days ago. I am still having a lot of pain. My throat has white spots everywhere and some black spots. What is this and how long will the pain last?

I had my tonsilectomy 3 1/2 weeks ago and I am still having pain shoot through my left ear when I swallow. I got started on antibiotics in case of infection 2 days ago and it's not working. After 2 weeks the worst of the pain was over but then it started getting worse again. Good luck.

It has been 14 days for me. I have read so many posts that say 14 days it is almost over. But for me it actually started getting worse around day 9. Even the nurse said it is time to start scaling back on pain medicine. I am now still bad at day 14. Depression is setting in. I thought it was going to be over but it seems like it will go on forever.

Hi, my name is Carmen. I'm 11 years old and I had my tonsils and adnoids taken out 7 days ago. I'm still in tons of pain and I'm still on popcicles, yogurt, pudding, exc. The first day was fine, I wasn't in much pain. Same with the 2nd and 3rd. But on the 4th day I started vomiting and my ears hurt really bad. The 5th day it got worse. The 6th day I stopped vomiting and I tried soup that had been blended in a blender. That worked very well and it felt good on my throat. Of course I put a few ice cubes in it so it wouldn't be to hot for me.The 7th day I felt really bad when I woke up. I was in tons of pain.
advice: A good idea for your ears is if they hurt, rest your head on a hot waterbottle. Do this for about 5min. And your ear will hurt a lot less. One other good idea is to use pain killer every 3-4 hours,it'll really help your throat. One last idea is around the 5th or 6th day, forse yourself to eat food. (Such as pancakes, bread, or anything that's soft.) It'll help you heal quicker. Even though it might hurt a little, you should try it.Oh! and one more thing. Drink lots of water.You should go to the bathroom (#1) at least once a day. You should go #2 twice a weak.
Goodbye! Try to take it easy. Good luck!